Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Top Amateur
    First time betting Antepost on Royal Ascot and Iíve had my fingers burnt on 2 of my 4 bets so far. Itís a lot more unpredictable than Cheltenham, gutted as itís £40 gone before the 1st race!! Iím at a loss why all the big bookmakers leave it so late to declare races at Royal Ascot NRNB?? Any ideas why only Cheltenham goes NRNB so much earlier than any other festival??

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    First time betting Antepost on Royal Ascot and I’ve had my fingers burnt on 2 of my 4 bets so far. It’s a lot more unpredictable than Cheltenham, gutted as it’s £40 gone before the 1st race!! I’m at a loss why all the big bookmakers leave it so late to declare races at Royal Ascot NRNB?? Any ideas why only Cheltenham goes NRNB so much earlier than any other festival??
    Not entirely sure, but presume it's got something to do with Cheltenham being the focal point of the season whereas, RA isn't the only big meeting on the flat?

3lb Claimer
    Its about time all the races that aren’t early closing races, have an entry system of a minimum two weeks before the meeting starts (like Cheltenham Festivals Handicaps), rather than the current 5-day declarations for around half of the races. That would give an earlier idea of who the trainers are thinking may run.

As we stand at the moment we have the final decs for day 1, and also have no idea of who is going to be entered on day 5 in the Chesham Stakes, Queen Alexandra Stakes and the Jersey Stakes. This cannot be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    Its about time all the races that aren’t early closing races, have an entry system of a minimum two weeks before the meeting starts (like Cheltenham Festivals Handicaps), rather than the current 5-day declarations for around half of the races. That would give an earlier idea of who the trainers are thinking may run.

As we stand at the moment we have the final decs for day 1, and also have no idea of who is going to be entered on day 5 in the Chesham Stakes, Queen Alexandra Stakes and the Jersey Stakes. This cannot be right.
    It's balmy and something that they have to sort.

Top Amateur
    Looking forward to my favourite part of Ascot as someone who has to sneak a watch in the office - all of the races starting 10 minutes late

Top Amateur
    ....had a very small interest in Kaloor @ 40-1 for the King George Stakes. Huge disparity in prices but the 40-1 with PP is a stand-out.

Top Amateur
    Tuesday so far;

Le Brivido- 25/1 e/w. Laid off at 6.0 on exchange.

Arizona- 7/1 win. Laid half my stake off at 3.7. Will back Cox's as a saver.

Blue Point- 4.32/1, 4/1 + 7/2. Not as confident now given the draw. Oh + the fact Battash looked a rocket ship LTO.
    no bet in SJP yet. Kicked myself for not taking 4/1 on TDH when i could but sure he's not cert.

Snow Falcon- 20/1 e/w. Personally, i'm surprised that WPM goes to war with Buttercup, but he has a stranglehold on this race, so she will probably shock me.

Have no bet here yet. Marginally side with Magic Wand or Riven Light, but not enough for me to punt them.

Top Amateur
    Is Buildmeupbuttercup built on something more than Mullins/Moore? Was underwhelmed by her in the NH code