Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
    Good point, but I actually think some highly thought of Irish horses would have been shown up there precisely because of the GS ground.

But i’d love to see more travel. The Vautour/Cue Card race was superb. Obviously Ireland has it’s own big day of racing on Boxing Day/27th, so it’s fair enough.

A GS ground Gold Cup would be interesting. I’d be very interested in Clan Des Obeaux for that this year.
    Highest quality means best v best and that happens in March, not December.

Comment

• Footpad starts his 'Gold Cup' campaign today with a 2m6f race at Thurles.

Race fit Balko Des Flos needs to be put away with ease though really to show he's better than last year....

Comment

• Interesting Daryl Jacob is on footpad and not townend, Walsh was always on even though munir and souede colours for Mullins. Also on allez dance later on the card. Do we think it is just a one off or possibly owners choice? Dj is retained rider for them after all. Suppose if he becomes a gold cup prospect probably better to get dj on board straight away as Townend will likely be on al boum or kemboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
          Interesting Daryl Jacob is on footpad and not townend, Walsh was always on even though munir and souede colours for Mullins. Also on allez dance later on the card. Do we think it is just a one off or possibly owners choice? Dj is retained rider for them after all. Suppose if he becomes a gold cup prospect probably better to get dj on board straight away as Townend will likely be on al boum or kemboy.
          DJ has ridden Footpad 6 times, as opposed to Paul Townend just the 3 times. I think the only way DJ gets off is when Ruby was around tbh.

Also, IF the Gold Cup is the target then Townend and the Mullins lads will have plenty of other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            DJ has ridden Footpad 6 times, as opposed to Paul Townend just the 3 times. I think the only way DJ gets off is when Ruby was around tbh.
            Correct. It was only Ruby who had the deal to jock off Jacob - not PT. (yet)

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Also, IF the Gold Cup is the target then Townend and the Mullins lads will have plenty of other options.
              I did think as much, especially being retained rider. Think I may have also answered my own question as well re the gold cup as I was writing that post haha

Comment

• I've backed Mala beach today, think there's an upset coming

Comment

• Footpad jumped and travelled really well there. Havent backed him for anything but delighted to see him looking more himself for now.

KG next would be interesting

Comment

• Couldn't knock that from Footpad, drew away at the end nicely too.

I'm not on board, in fact I've not laid a penny on the Gold Cup yet, but if you have them big ticket's you'd be happy enough surely.

Comment

• That was great from Footpad there, what he beat is probably not much but couldn't be happier with him on his reappearance. He just needs his favoured soft ground which he didn't get last year

Comment

• Wow Wee, Footpad is back. It was all about his jumping to day, and it was foot-perfect and a joy to watch, just like his excellent Novice Chase season. King George, Ryanair or Gold Cup must all be under consideration now.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Altior vs Cyrname.

When Cyrname won his last race, he won by 17 lengths and was not really asked much.

It's hard to crab the rating as the horses in behind (all 5 of them) were all rated in the 160's, and had similar lines of form against each other, here and there. It's pretty much impossible to suggest they all ran below par. It's far more reasonable to say that they ran to their ratings actually.
                          From memory, none had any real jumping excuses on the day either (could be wrong on this)

Altior - since his First Champion chase win, where he faced four horses rated in the 160's (including Douvan who fell) - He has been rated in the 170's ever since.

In the 6 races he has contested since that race, he has only faced 5 horses rated above 160. And only ever ran in one race where he faced 2 at the same time (politologue and Min in this years champion), a race in which Sceaux Royal earned his highest rating and Altior beat him next time up at Sandown.

The horses he has beat in the 160's are. Last 6 races in reverse order.
                          Sceaux Royal
                          Politologue & Min
                          Fox Norton
                          Un de Sceaux

Basically he's been beating a bunch of inferiors, who've been getting closer to him. And he never beat Politologue and Fox Norton as far as cyrname did that day.
                          He's rubbish
                          Getting more and more convinced that Cyrname will win Saturday, but could be a fitness thing on the day.

Comment

• Footpad best prices 15 minutes after the race are 40/1 for Gold Cup, 14/1 for Ryanair and 20/1 King George.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Really he’s beaten absolutely nothing there

But good to see him alive and well and I think he will be pushed towards the GC this year

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                I've backed Mala beach today, think there's an upset coming
                                Shows what I know

Comment

Working...
                                X