Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't even need to read GE's stable tour to change your mind, just watch the race back!

Comment

• That's going to upset a few people i think .

Comment

• Was looking forward to this race a few weeks back had:

TOTG 5 points E/W (Lost)
        Santini 5 points E/W (Thankfully cashed out in full after target doubts arose)
        Lostintranstlation 4 points E/W (laid off 5 points on the exchange after doubts about the target)

Another example of the benefits of cash out, hoping nobody was too badly damaged on Santini

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
          Was looking forward to this race a few weeks back had:

TOTG 5 points E/W (Lost)
          Santini 5 points E/W (Thankfully cashed out in full after target doubts arose)
          Lostintranstlation 4 points E/W (laid off 5 points on the exchange after doubts about the target)

Another example of the benefits of cash out, hoping nobody was too badly damaged on Santini
          Le Bague Au Roi not going for it either which leaves Cabaret Queen and OK Corral favs in current betting lists. Still hoping Benie rocks up for this. If she did, she'd be the shortest fav in years. Maybe Mullins will let her take her chance as the race appears to be cutting up badly. We'll know next week !

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Le Bague Au Roi not going for it either which leaves Cabaret Queen and OK Corral favs in current betting lists. Still hoping Benie rocks up for this. If she did, she'd be the shortest fav in years. Maybe Mullins will let her take her chance as the race appears to be cutting up badly. We'll know next week !
            Think we already know.
            Bookies have had peoples eyes out with the ladbroke market.

Comment

• With the Markets starting to move , now the seasons getting underway , I decided to add Frodon.
              today for the Gold cup @33-1. With 5 course wins including a C & D ( almost ).
              I think he likes the Place . With the rest of them being in single figures or low doubles.
              Worth a punt.I thought .And with T.O.T.G out , Paul nicholls just might fancy him here
              as a shot .

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                Think we already know.
                Bookies have had peoples eyes out with the ladbroke market.
                Hills had the cheek to cut Santini yesterday morning. I'm scared to tally up the amount I've lost on this market!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Hills had the cheek to cut Santini yesterday morning. I'm scared to tally up the amount I've lost on this market!
                  Disgusting behaviour, this is a well used strategy by (some) bookies who know less educated punters follow horses who have been shortened, scandalous...

Comment

• with a sire like bucks boum there's an argument on breeding that duc des genievres might end up here rather than the ryanair, willie mentioned him stepping up on the stable tour.

Comment

• just re read that willie stable tour and he didnt mention him stepping up at all, apologies, it must have been wishful thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
                        just re read that willie stable tour and he didnt mention him stepping up at all, apologies, it must have been wishful thinking.
                        Feasible.

A bit too ground dependant to be strong on ante post?

Comment

• What are the views on Frodon for this? Is the price too long on the form?

From comments by Nicholls post Ryanair and recently, i sense this maybe the target this year....and not sure stable has another option with TOG out

On RPRs, he has several 170+ and at Cheltenham, higher than DW, Santini, or LIT....and same age as most.....only ABP and Kemboy have recorded ratings a few pounds higher....plus obviously Altior (at 2m) and Cyrname (RH 2.5m)

Question is clearly, will he stay.....but very gutsy horse, who jumps brilliantly and several previous winners been stepping up in trip

On pure emotion, i have to have some on....as Ryanair last year was one of best atmospheres have been in at festival (amazing day!).....its a horse we all love, with a jockey who does so much for sport's image and i think riding chasers is one of best.

I've taken the 33s plus boost.....and thinking will increase more over coming months

My heart wants it to happen....just imagine crowd if it does.........but increasingly my head says there is value here....specially with cashout to see how season develops
                          Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 24 October 2019, 12:43 AM.
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Kemboy banned for the foreseeable future. I feel we may hear something about this on the forum soon...

Comment

• Yeah just read the story on the Racing post website. Looks like a number of complaints have been made about the running of Supreme Racing from members and they are now being investigated but until that’s completed by Racing Ireland all their horses are suspended from racing.
                              Last edited by The King Pimm; 24 October 2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X