Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

May Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Considering the ground was against him in the Supreme and he made a mistake at the top of the hill, he did extremely well to finish second. I'd also have Thomas Darby at the top of my shortlist for the Arkle. At 25/1 he's a great bet imo.
    Absolutely FM! Connections clearly stated soft ground wasn’t going to be in his favor but he got through it very well despite a less than ideal passage through the race, the distance back to very decent sorts like Felix Desjy, Fakir & Aramon only enhance the merits of TD’s run. He’s also clearly one Olly is happy to play the patient game with so I’d expect plenty of room for improvement over fences.

He clearly acts around Cheltenham too which is a nice bonus!
    Last edited by SeanRock; 22 May 2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Let's slap Kemboy in.

Highest rated chaser in training is good enough this far out and we can all be part of it when archie gets us tickets to Gold Cup day as the May Yankee lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Let's slap Kemboy in.

Highest rated chaser in training is good enough this far out and we can all be part of it when archie gets us tickets to Gold Cup day as the May Yankee lands.
        Agreed - he’s in

Comment

Also agree with RC too, that we should re-assess Benie Des Dieux?

She's now 5/2 Mares and we are now not as confident that the Stayers Hurdle wouldn't be an option.

As a betting prospect her price has gotten shorter but he chance of running in that race has changed and 5/2 doesn't represent a price I'd like to take to find out?

Comment

Bet365 go 8/1 on DEFI DU SEUIL for the Ryanair Chase, which is top price in the market. If we place the Yankee with Bet365 then that horse is a fair price given his record at the Festival (2 Wins) and liking for the middle distance of the Ryanair.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
              Bet365 go 8/1 on DEFI DU SEUIL for the Ryanair Chase, which is top price in the market. If we place the Yankee with Bet365 then that horse is a fair price given his record at the Festival (2 Wins) and liking for the middle distance of the Ryanair.
              Defi Du Seuil has 9 lbs to find with Min and Min is 12/1 best price.

I like DDS and he can obviously improve, but he's priced like that's a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Defi Du Seuil has 9 lbs to find with Min and Min is 12/1 best price.

I like DDS and he can obviously improve, but he's priced like that's a given.
                I’d be against Min personally. Can’t seem to get him right. Just one of those horses for me. Wouldn’t touch 12s antepost on him with a barge pole.

Comment

Fair enough, I can see why he wouldn't be a pick - I just think he's better than Defi Du Seuil for this race - at those prices

Comment

Novices are usually rated inferior to established horses after their debut season, but 2nd season chasers often they go on to win the Grade 1 open races the following year. So I would expect DDS to be related inferior to Min. But....I would hope that by March of his 2nd season he would be beating Min.

Comment

What's the verdict then, who's in this month's forum Yankee?

Comment

I think it's Klassical Dream - ch hurdle.
                        Chacun pour soi - ch chase.
                        Kemboy - Gold cup .
                        Plus one .?????? - ???????.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          I think it's Klassical Dream - ch hurdle.
                          Chacun pour soi - ch chase.
                          Kemboy - Gold cup .
                          Plus one .?????? - ???????.
                          Iv just done those 3 and min in the Ryanair, looking back at the discussions bdd was mentioned alot but she is quite short now for the mares and with the possibility she could go Stayers I thought id leave her out

Comment

Looks solid to me I’d go with those 4

Comment

Min hasn’t won at the Festival in three goes, but has been close. It’s one of the reasons that I prefer Defi Du Seuil, who has won at two Festivals out of two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                                Min hasn’t won at the Festival in three goes, but has been close. It’s one of the reasons that I prefer Defi Du Seuil, who has won at two Festivals out of two.
                                Ye isn't ideal he hasn't won at the festival before but hopefully he turns up in the sort of form he ran at Aintree/Dublin racing festival/john durkan last season, and he shouldn't have altior to worry about in this race either, I'm a huge defi fan aswell have been on him at big prices for both his festival wins and he is already in one of the forum Yankees for next year so that'd kind of my reasoning for going with min.

Comment

Working...
                                X