Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Lambourn Lad - Thursday tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambourn Lad - Thursday tips

Well a £10 treble on Wednesday at Punchestown on Zero Ten (which looks like a machine), Minella Indo and Livelovelaugh left a sour taste in the mouth. I have no doubt if Ruby was on livelovelaugh then it would have landed, paying out £1200. David Mullins looked like he was riding around Badminton or Burleigh half the race and totally missed the last, Rubys boots are going to be hard to fill! If we didn't already know.

Punchestown 4.15 - Minds Eye 8/1 e/w

A talented but quirky horse who ran out last time, taking Snusborough Hall with him. Minds Eye had made most of the running up to that point and looked to have a big chance. Snugsborough Hall was getting a standard Denis O Regan ride and looked dangerous but it would have been close no doubt. At tomorrows prices Id rather be on Minds Eye and its nice to see the cheekpieces applied and Rachael Blackmore keep the ride. Minds Eye has already beaten Moon Over Germany at Leopardstown this season when giving the latter 3lbs, and is receiveing 8lbs tomorrow, a 11lbs swing thankyou very much! Impact factor won the race Minds Eye and Snugsborough Hall didn't complete last time but has been put up 6lbs and looked lucky whereas Minds Eye has only been raised 1lb. At 8/1 it looks a cracking each way bet! Maybe a reverse forecast with Snugsborough Hall as well if you are feeling adventurous.

Punchestown 4.50 Josies Orders - 8/11

I was hoping for odds against, so at this price its up to you if you want to include it in the treble, but I can't see past Enda Bolger in these races and this looks a weak renewal, prime for the taking for Josies Orders.

Punchestown 6.40 Ornua - 16/1 best price with Paddy Power (12s elsewhere)

I think the price is so generous on Ornua as Defi de Seuil has had a great season and Duc des Genievres looked impressive when winning the Arkle. However, Defi has been running over 2 and a half, against (and outpacing) Lostintranslation all season, who we saw at Aintree was a more natural three miler. Can he outpace a genuine 2 miler chaser such as Ornua? I don't think so. Defi is a small horse and his jumping is going to be put under a real test with Ornua happy to bowl along in front and ask all the questions. Duc des Genievres won the Arkle but it was poor ground and there was a few fallers in the race and looked a below par Arkle. I would much rather back Ornua at 16/1 as he was able to dicate the pace in a Queen Mother on better ground than the Arkle, against better horses and not other novices. Ornua never looked like getting beat at Aintre and Us and Them is a better horse than many many think, in my opinion. The ground shouldn't be too soft tomorrow which should suit Ornua and looks a fantastic price. Just ashame we don't have 8 runners!

Good luck guys

Welcome LambournLad.

I wouldn't back Minds Eye with your money let alone mine! I can understand your view about tomorrow, it's just i don't he isn't very good + often goes off shorter than he should!

Ornua- big shame about the 7 runners. I think he'll set it up perfectly tomorrow for Defi and DDG. The joker in the pack is Chacun pour soi!

Good luck with your bets.
    Last edited by jack1092; 2 May 2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks Lambourn Lad, very interesting reading. I think Minds Eye was blowing up just before he ran out and think he would have faded if he had jumped the last fence so I’m opting for Snugsborough Hall as he was on the verge of winning that race before Minds Eye took him out. My 2nd horse is Bun Doran. I’m not backing with much confidence as the Tom George yard has struggled in the big races this year but he’s got what it takes to win this race, I had the same feeling about O O Seven yesterday but didn’t back him so going to commit today. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X