Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2020 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Festival 2020 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

I thought it might be a good idea this far out to have a thread where people can post info regarding horses targets as and when the see quotes from connections. We could keep this just for specific information rather than our opinions on where horses could/should be targeted.

I’ll kich things off...

Cheltenham 2020 Horse Info

- Samcro - Gordon Elliott ‘Looking further ahead we are looking forward to when he goes chasing in the autumn.’ 5/3/19

- Allaho - Willie Mullins ‘He’s every inch a Chaser isn’t he, he could go chasing straight away but we’ll wait til next season (19/20 season).’ 5/3/19

- Defi Du Seuil - Barry Geraghty has said he most likely goes for the Ryanair in 2020. 20/3/19 (Trainer said similar)

- Minella Indo - ‘RSA natural target’ Owner? 22/3/19

- City Island - Apparently Stayers Hurdle most likely 2020 target. Owner/trainer? 22/3/19

- Brewin’upastorm - ‘Will jump fences next season’ Olly Murphy 23/3/19

- Al Dancer - Nigel Twiston-Davies ‘I don’t know what he will do next season yet, but it is very likely he will go Novice chasing.’ 25/3/19

- Annamix - Willie Mullins ‘I was keen to go Novice chasing with him and that’s why I said we’ll try and win a hurdle race with him’ 26/3/19

- Thomas Darby - Olly Murphy ‘He’s finished for the season and will start off over 2 miles next season over fences’ 26/3/19

- Paisley Park - Trainer Emma Lavelle ‘I quite like to think he can come back year on year and do the same thing’ 28/3/19

- Breaken - Willie Mullins ‘He just wasn’t right for me all season but I felt with his size and scope and I have had him long enough, that I wanted to get him out and running and maybe go chasing next season with him’ 31/3/19

- Emitom - Warren Greatrex ‘He’s hopefully a chaser in the making one day but I don’t think he’ll be experienced enough to do that next season and I imagine in the autumn we’ll start out with a view to developing him into a Stayers Hurdle horse. 1/4/19

- Kalashnikov - Amy Murphy ‘Ryanair will be the aim for Kalashnikov next season’ 4/4/19

- Tiger Roll - Michael O’Leary ‘His main goal for next season is the Cross Country at Cheltenham’ 6/4/19

- Roksana - Dan Skelton ‘I’ll give her one run before going to Cheltenham for the Mares Hurdle again next year before coming back here (Aintree) again.’ 6/4/19

- Min - Willie Mullins ‘I think two and a half is his trip. I'm starting to wonder if he could go a bit further, but two and a half will be fine for the time being. People are saying could he get another few furlongs, which would put him in the picture for a race like the King George.’ 5/4/19

- Felix Desjy - Gordon Elliott ‘Definitely go chasing with him.’ ‘Flatter tracks would probably suit him better.’ ‘He’s a 2 miler.’ 5/4/19

Yes good idea.

Comment

Nice work, if anybody has any more please add.

Comment

Handy - https://www.racingtv.com/videos/interviews

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

Good thinking Marty - a very handy thread

Comment

Eddie O'Leary, spokesman for owners Gigginstown House Stud, said: "The shoes are off Samcro and he won't be seen until later in the year, when he'll go over fences."

Comment

Western Ryder goes chasing, JLT initial target

Comment

One for Rosie, Good Boy Bobby and Al Dancer all going chasing next season according to STD. A mate bumped into him before racing at Perth today.

Comment

Re Altior - Nicky said yesterday . " he told us one thing today - go further , So that is what we will do.
                    There is not much point doing it for the Ryanair, So you have got to go King George "

Comment

...Mullins suggests Klassical Dream will stay over hurdles and could be a CH horse.

Comment

Henry De Bromhead on Minella Indo (after winning at Punchestown)

"We bought him to go over fences, so I imagine so. I've not spoken to the owners but I imagine so, yeah"

Slightly paraphrased, not the exact quote.

Comment

Re - Minella Indo , Chasing is the plan next season...., Asked if the R.S.A chase was the target ,.
                          The trainer added " we'll see, he's hopefully that calibre ,but obviously he has to take to fences.

Comment

- Champ - Nicky Henderson ‘...what to do with him next year when he’s almost certain to go over fences’ (alluded towards longer trip (RSA) now stamina was proven)? 5/4/19

-Altior - Nicky Henderson ‘He told us one thing today - go further, so that is what we will do. There is not much point doing it for the Ryanair, so you have got to go King George.’ 27/4/19

- Sam Spinner - Jedd O’Keefe ‘I think we’ve learnt that Sam Spinner can jump a fence.’ (Accompanied by a photo of him impressively clearing a fence) 30/4/19

- Klassical Dream - Willie Mullins ‘I’m happy to stay over hurdles and maybe try to make a Champion Hurdle horse out of him, I think he could be good enough so we’ll see’ 30/4/19

- Delta Work - Gordon Elliott ‘Obviously I’ll speak to Michael and Eddie and see but the Gold Cup’s the plan and that’s where we’ll go’ 30/4/19

- Fussil Raffles - Daryl Jacob ‘It’s obviously going to be a big step up next year taking on Champion Hurdle horses’ 4/5/19

- Next Destination - Ruby Walsh ‘We think he could be a really smart novice chaser and you have to dream. He has the potential to be top class and he’s got a great attitude.’ 24/10/18 LAST SEASON BEFORE INJURY.

- Draconien - Willie Mullins ‘...we’ve schooled him and he jumps very well and he could be in the Footpad sort of league.’ 2/11/18 LAST SEASON BEFORE INJURY.

- Dlauro - Joseph O’Brien ‘He was impressive. He’s had a few setbacks since we got him. He’ll have the summer off & go novice hurdling then.’ 15/5/19

- Melon - Willie Mullins ‘we schooled him during the week and I think he prefers the bigger obstacles so we’ll look forward to him going chasing next season’ 18/5/19

- Reserve Tank - Colin Tizzard ‘I should think he’ll go chasing next year’ 6/4/19

Bit of an update. Apologies for any that have already been mentioned.

Comment

This from awhile ago , but just came across it on racing tv.
                              Phillip Hobbs on Thyme Hill - Will step up to 2 and a half miles when he goes.
                              Novice Hurdling next season, and is an Exciting prospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X