Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankee - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthyewaypunter View Post
    I believe A Plus Tard (20/1 for RyanAir) is worth a mention.

Only his 4th chase start as a 5yr old when jumping beautifully and bolting up in the Close Brothers. Now has a handicap mark of 160 and with ‘normal’ improvement I feel he will be a big player should he line up on the day.
    Iv chucked a few quid on him on William hill 17/1 but for any race, like you said the Ryanair is the most probable target but this far out if I'm using cash and not free bets id rather bet on horses in the any race market

Comment

Originally posted by filthyewaypunter View Post
      I believe A Plus Tard (20/1 for RyanAir) is worth a mention.

Only his 4th chase start as a 5yr old when jumping beautifully and bolting up in the Close Brothers. Now has a handicap mark of 160 and with ‘normal’ improvement I feel he will be a big player should he line up on the day.
      It's probably the more likely route at this stage but i've got my eye on A Plus Tard as another potential Gold Cup runner myself next year.
      After the win at Cheltenham...

He looked tapped for toe at Punchestown the last day over two and a half. He seemed to get a fair mark so we said we would give it a go...It would look like he would get three miles and in fairness that is what I thought after Punchestown. It was a case of this race if he got in or the RSA...
      Certainly wasn't tapped for toe over the intermediate distance at the festival! But it's clear 3 miles has been on their mind for a while now and he'll be trying the distance for the first time at Punchestown next week (albeit there's no grade 1 2m4 race at the festival)

Not the usual path for a Gold Cup contender but If the horse proves himself over 3 miles and has a squeek at the Gold Cup next season then I can see Cheveley Park very keen to have a contender for the biggest race at the festival for sure. Slightly different as the following horses changed discipline but we've seen the likes of Presenting Percy, Topofthegame, Delta Work go from strong handicap runs to follow up in the top grade 1 races the following year. One of the most impressive winners of a handicap you'll see at the festival, at only 5 years old and having never tried the 3 mile trip when connections suggest it should suit... Lot's to like.

I wouldn't be suggesting him for this as he has lots to prove, in a potentially super strong division and even if he does excel at the trip, connections may well opt to be cautious with him over 3m2 as a 6 year old next year (Long Run the only winner at 6yo I can remember and few try the race at that age).
      40/1 for the Gold Cup with cashout but i'll instead be backing him at 12/1 for Punchestown and have it in mind to follow that on. The 17/1 any race shout is well worth a look though by Nwfb89 imo

Comment

Probably worth hovering over the 16/1 any race market during the Punchestown race.

I hoped he'd be a MAD price for the Gold Cup - 40/1 isn't mad enough.

I thought about him on the way to work funnily enough but remembered him beaten by Winter Escape and then thought despite winning a handicap well, it was still a handicap so I was hoping for 66/1+ really (well I acutally thought 100/1 but I don't suppose that'd have been realistic!)

Any race might open up a handicap too if he didn't hit the heights during the season but he turns out to be a proper 'festival' horse?

Comment

Dickie Diver for the 4 miler ? 25s with 365 ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Dickie Diver for the 4 miler ? 25s with 365 ?
            Some sense there.

Hendo more likely to want 'it/them' in the RSA based on this year?

I know it's not his choice essentially BUT - he does have a few to split, hard to be really bullish on the target.

Comment

I’d have Carefully Selected over DD at the same price for the NHC. Will have the age/stamina edge for me. Plus Dickie Diver looked very green to me this season. He’ll be nursed along by Nicky over fences.

CS won’t be 25’s after he hacks up next Wednesday
              Last edited by SeanRock; 26 April 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Based on this thread, I’d be most inclined at this stage to go with the obvious trio of Benie Des Dieux, Paisley Park, Espoir D’Allen. All are fairly priced, have known targets for the festival next year already.

The final spot is between Kemboy for the GC and Tiger Roll for the CC.

So it’s time to vote.

Kemboy or Tiger Roll

Comment

Tiger for me

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    The final spot is between Kemboy for the GC and Tiger Roll for the CC.

So it’s time to vote.

Kemboy or Tiger Roll
                    I’d be Tiger just on the basis that the Gold Cup could be a strong renewal whereas Tiger has demolished everything over the banks and I can’t imagine any new kid on the block can be anywhere near as good as TR who has clearly improved from last season

Comment

I’d be happy with either but as I have a vote to use, i’ll Vote for tiger and make it a yankee of ‘bankers’

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        I’d be Tiger just on the basis that the Gold Cup could be a strong renewal whereas Tiger has demolished everything over the banks and I can’t imagine any new kid on the block can be anywhere near as good as TR who has clearly improved from last season
                        Yeah, my weight lands in this camp too.

Comment

Get the May one started please MoM

Comment

April Yankee:

Benie Des Dieux @ 6/1 for the Mares Hurdle
                            Paisley Park @ 5/2 for the Stayers Hurdle
                            Espoir D’Allen @ 5/1 for the Champion Hurdle
                            Tiger Roll @ 13/8 for the Cross Country

384/1 - William Hill

Comment

Working...