Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankee - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea if Klassical Dream stays hurdling or novice chasing next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
      Any idea if Klassical Dream stays hurdling or novice chasing next season?
      No, and I doubt we will until Sept

Comment

I’m thinking champion hurdle myself because what else has he? Melon, laurina, draconien plus a few others can be the stables arkle/jlt horses

Comment

Steer well clear of champion hurdle and Gold cup at this point... far far too open and no value for me.

Gypsey Island Mares novices?

I’m massively with Stand Up and Fight for the fox hunters.... furious it wasn’t tried with at all this year as cost me a fortune but was there to school with a mind to winning it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
            Steer well clear of champion hurdle and Gold cup at this point... far far too open and no value for me.

I’m massively with Stand Up and Fight for the fox hunters.... furious it wasn’t tried with at all this year as cost me a fortune but was there to school with a mind to winning it this year.
            Are you concerned at all that 'schooled this year' is being over played?
            He's 12/1 but was thrashed? We have no evidence to suggest he will get the trip any better?

Obviously he can win, but 12/1 doesn't scream VALUE at me this far out?

Comment

Chante Neige wins the Mares Novice hurdle doesn't she?

I'm not going near any JP hooped, Henderson mare in that race... Epatante did exactly as expected, as all his over hyped Mares Novice horses will do

I know Gypsy Island isn't with Henderson BTW... but still, I'm not bothered looking beyond Mullins ... for a while anyway

Comment

This far out I'd be trying to pick horses who have the target race all but guaranteed.

Paisley Park
                BDD
                Santini, TOTG, Kemboy (all gold cup)
                DDS or Min (Ryanair)

Comment

You honestly believe he was schooling this year as a prep for next year?
                  Be silly thing to do that. On all accounts.

Comment

There is an interview with Bolga where he intimates that- “he is only 7 and anything he does this year is a bonus”
                    Rewatch the race....also betting pattern before the off.... biggest drift of the entire festival
                    Last edited by The Don; 18 April 2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

There is an interview with Bolga where he intimates that- “he is only 7 and anything he does this year is a bonus”
                      Rewatch the race....also betting pattern before the off.... biggest drift of the entire festival
                      There is still a leap between what you're saying and a festival win next season

Comment

We will see Kev! I have a sneaky suspicion....

Comment

We will see Kev! I have a sneaky suspicion....
                          We will....

but if it is the case I'll have plenty of time to get him onside.

Seems very premature in my humble opinion.

It's an angle that hasn't been missed AT ALL in his price....
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 April 2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Agree, not one to rush into in hindsight

Comment

Carefully Selected runs May1st so I’ll say him to win the RSA

Comment

I believe A Plus Tard (20/1 for RyanAir) is worth a mention.

Only his 4th chase start as a 5yr old when jumping beautifully and bolting up in the Close Brothers. Now has a handicap mark of 160 and with ‘normal’ improvement I feel he will be a big player should he line up on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X