Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankee - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival Forum Yankee - April

I’d like to put three names forward:

- Benie Des Dieux @ 6/1 for the Mares
    - Samcro @ 16/1 for the JLT
    - Malone Road @ 20/1 for the Supreme

I believe all three of these are fair prices. BDD was my lump bet this year. Can’t believe she came down. If she stayed up at the last, there’s no way she’d be 6/1. She’d be something like 3/1. And as she had the race won when falling, I think she ought to be that 3/1 rather than 6/1. Especially as connections have already said she’d be aimed at the Mares again next season.

Benie staying hurdles and target is Mares Hurdle - don't suppose you have that article MOM ?
    Would be very interested in reading that
    TA

Comment

I think Samcro will be RSA bound not JLT... he won’t have the speed for the JLT

Comment

Originally posted by PitLad View Post
        Benie staying hurdles and target is Mares Hurdle - don't suppose you have that article MOM ?
        Would be very interested in reading that
        TA
        I remember seeing Mullins say it a few days after the race. In fact, I think he said it later in Cheltenham week.

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
          I think Samcro will be RSA bound not JLT... he won’t have the speed for the JLT
          It’s like April 2018 all over again.
          Personally I think JLT would be the right race, but I thought that 12 months ago much to my cost.
          He could end up in any of the nov chases, he might not take to fences and revert back to hurdles where he could be champion hurdle, stayers hurdle or county hurdle bound, and on that basis I don’t see Samcro a viable option for a yankee so far out...

Comment

I'd be against picking a target for Samcro this far out too.

He's also not had any good form in 12 months

Benie Des Dieux I can see as a solid starting point.I like Malone road but picking the Supreme winner is tough enough on the day let alone April.

We're best sticking to the Championship races?

Espoir D'allen looks an obvous (and fair) price.

Paisley Park

and hard not to be impressed with Kemboy or Al Boum Photo

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I'd be against picking a target for Samcro this far out too.

He's also not had any good form in 12 months

Benie Des Dieux I can see as a solid starting point.I like Malone road but picking the Supreme winner is tough enough on the day let alone April.

We're best sticking to the Championship races?

Espoir D'allen looks an obvous (and fair) price.

Paisley Park

and hard not to be impressed with Kemboy or Al Boum Photo
              Paisley Park and Kemboy id vote for. Espoir Dallen was in the March Yankee so I’d be against him.

Benie would be my first choice. Excellent price at 6/1 with Hills in my opinion.

I’d like a base of:
              - BDD
              - Paisley Park

With Kemboy as a likely one too

Comment

Didn’t Scooby give Fly Smart for the Supreme as a bit of a good bye tip?

33/1!

Comment

Agreee entirely re BDD.... very big price.

Min Ryanair?

Comment

For what it's worth, and based on nothing more than gut feel, I've always thought that the mucking about with Samcro might have been because he didn't school well over fences. Even if this were true it doesn't mean that they haven't sorted it now but at this stage I wouldn't be much more than 50% confident that he will be chasing next season never mind at which distance.

Comment

Horses that have enhanced their reputations ?

Gold Cup: Kemboy or LiT ?
                      Champion Hurdle: Nothing although maybe Buveur a backable price ?
                      Ryanair: Min or maybe DDS
                      Stayers: Nothing that impressive at aintree for me so PP a solid pick imo

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                        For what it's worth, and based on nothing more than gut feel, I've always thought that the mucking about with Samcro might have been because he didn't school well over fences. Even if this were true it doesn't mean that they haven't sorted it now but at this stage I wouldn't be much more than 50% confident that he will be chasing next season never mind at which distance.
                        a plus one on that here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                          Agreee entirely re BDD.... very big price.

Min Ryanair?
                          Yeah I'd like that. Definitely has enhanced his reputation since and was already top of my list

Comment

I'd perhaps be wary of any horse in the Gold Cup.

Definitely a number of contenders that you can't rule out ...

The RSA 1-2-3
                            Lostintranslation and Kemboy from Aintree
                            The defending champion Al Boum Photo
                            Presenting Percy you could put a line through the GC as he got injured so can't be ruled out.

That's off the top of my head a pretty deep race ...

Comment

Tiger Roll ... keep it simple haha

Comment

Working...
                              X