Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's shortened up a lot (CS). Personally surprised Allaho isn't shorter for the 2m4 hurdle. I thought that would be right up his street.

Comment

CS into 6/1 for the 3miler now, the potential of good ground would worry me slightly but that’s about it! Willie’s horses will be cleaning up at Punchestown, that I’m sure of after such a quiet/cautions winter.

Comment

Entries and forfeits for the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - noon on Thursday the 25th.

Comment

I backed a double with a PP free bet a few weeks ago. Carefully Selected (16/1) and Chacon Pour Soi (6/1). Starting to get a little excited!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
              I backed a double with a PP free bet a few weeks ago. Carefully Selected (16/1) and Chacon Pour Soi (6/1). Starting to get a little excited!
              16/1 looks big now CFC, especially given the rain we’ve had in Dublin the last few days, plenty more forecast so that will only enhance his claims, glad I took a flyer a few weeks ago! As short as 4/1 with PP but 8/1 still available with corals!

Comment

Some shameful namedropping here but I met JP yesterday and he was courteous enough to give me a few mins of his time, always has been a class act with the racing public.
                He said Buveur D'air was fit and well and will take his chance at Punch next week....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Some shameful namedropping here but I met JP yesterday and he was courteous enough to give me a few mins of his time, always has been a class act with the racing public.
                  He said Buveur D'air was fit and well and will take his chance at Punch next week....
                  Racing royalty.

Fingers crossed Buveur D'air can put in a big performance!

Comment

Had to back great field 10.88-1 WH for tuesday, just needs to stay upright and run faster than the rest.

Comment

And Getabird 7-1 in the novice 3 miler, they will be desperate/very keen to win with this I reckon.

Comment

And I'll take a chance on quick grabim getting a steadily run race at 9-1.
                        Klassical probably the best horse in race and will be in multiples.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          And I'll take a chance on quick grabim getting a steadily run race at 9-1.
                          Klassical probably the best horse in race and will be in multiples.
                          100% in agreeance

Comment

I also fancy Getabird & Quick Grabim. I think Getabird is a better horse than his 2nd on Boxing Day and should be fresh & fit for Punchestown and I was very impressed by Quick Grabim win at Fairyhouse. Some may argue the other horses gave him a soft lead and left it too late but I thought he dominated the race and hopefully will adapt front running tactics again and keep the rest of the field behind

Comment

What are your thoughts on the Stayers Hurdle? I’ve backed Barcardys everytime he’s raced but still no joy, is he just not good enough or just unlucky??

Comment

Was ridden way too far off the pace at Cheltenham but finished well.... be interested at the price if he ran

Comment

Working...
                                X