Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Apple's Jade becoming quite a hot and cold horse now. Nightmare for backers and bookies.
    Although early season form is becoming a bit of a trend for whatever reasons.
    But for the life of me I cannot understand why they would not lead with her. IMO Her best performances have come when she's dictated the pace at least from half way, if not all the way.
    Although she's probably not in the same form as early in the season it's still odd that they changed tactics. Allowing Petit Mouchoir to set a steady pace seems plain daft.
    Wasn't she given easy leads earlier in the season? Goes out in front yesterday and shes probably going to fast?

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
      Wasn't she given easy leads earlier in the season? Goes out in front yesterday and shes probably going to fast?
      didn't go fast yesterday though did they ?
      and she was very fast anyway when she won the irish champion.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
        didn't go fast yesterday though did they ?
        and she was very fast anyway when she won the irish champion.
        To my eye they didn't go overly slow no, but i haven't any sectionals etc confirming.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          To my eye they didn't go overly slow no, but i haven't any sectionals etc confirming.
          I think Petit Mouchoir leading till just before the last flight tells you all you need to know about the speed they went.

Comment

Not really. I’d prefer to hear facts about the sectionals than make a judgment based on a horse. Before Xmas she got easy leads, she hasn’t in spring and probably wouldn’t have on Friday. Makes it more difficult, combined with not being near her best in Spring.

Out at the mo so can’t have a proper look and see!
            Last edited by jack1092; 5 May 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Interesting reading that Archie , Thank's for putting it up.

Comment

Hi Archie, what a fabulous week at Punchestown we had, stayed at the Wicklow lakes and had a couple of meals in the Wicklow House Pub as suggested by you, really nice and the governor was a really nice bloke.
                My punting is kept to a minimum and I'd rather have an hefty bet rather loads of little one's so only two bets over the week a winner and a second and so come away a little in front.
                The racing was fantastic except for the dross they nail onto the end of each card.

We have now booked the Curragh only for the Friday Pretty Polly and Saturday Irish Derby, I was told to go to Dunnes General store Blessington to get a Racing Post Zilch then went across the street into a little general store "Centra" and they had the biggest pile of Posts I had seen in ages, shops in the UK very rarely order more than 2-3 copies so was delighted to get a racing read away from home.
                Thanks again for the heads up about a wonderful area and we even fitted in the National Stud and Glendalough.

Comment

Pleased you enjoyed it, Redbridge. I think that it was probably Bayoffreedom who gave you most of the useful advice but I'm happy if anything I said helped.

I can't help with the Curragh but if you're looking at other trips to Ireland you could do worse than try some of the country tracks. Midlands National evening at Kilbeggan is a joy but you can have a cracking day out in Sligo, Roscommon and many more. A bigger meeting with its own atmosphere is Down Royal in early November.

Comment

Working...
                  X