Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tiger Roll - Gold Cup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Roll - Gold Cup ?

Not totally convinced he would get away with his jumping technique over Cheltenham fences but on a line through A Fly you would have to think with a clear round he wins ?

Probably would have gone close in the Stayers too.

I think it will be the same again next year, if a horse like BDM did take his chance next year the national will be on the cards aswell

Comment

Zero chance. He'll win the Cross Country again and retire on the spot.

Comment

O'Leary said he'll go for the Cross Country and would retire on the spot.

I don't think he's an ante-post proposition now... absolutely any set back at all and he'll be retired.

Legendary horse already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I don't think he's an ante-post proposition now... absolutely any set back at all and he'll be retired.

Legendary horse already.
          I saw the Michael O'leary comments on the racing post site today,
          And i completely agree with what you say Kev , Legend. (Tiger Roll ).

Comment

I dont think this is a bluff and they will be very careful with him - it would have been interesting to see how far he could have gone at grade 1 chase level but as Davy said he is a divil with the jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
              I think it will be the same again next year, if a horse like BDM did take his chance next year the national will be on the cards aswell
              Not sure that will make much difference given Tiger will be rated 170+.
              Who'd have thought we would have 170 rated horses running in the cross country ???

Comment

How on earth would Tiger Roll be on 170+? He won by less than 3 lengths off 159.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  How on earth would Tiger Roll be on 170+? He won by less than 3 lengths off 159.
                  It’s based off the early comments of the U.K. handicapper saying initial thoughts were it was a low 170s run

On one side he was 8lbs well in which needs to be considered.

On the other, Rathvinden is a 159 horse who he beat 5 lengths giving 5lbs and I think we would all agree he was probably good for another length or two.

Walk in the Mill in off 142, gave him 14lbs and a 17length beating

Comment

Also could get there if you rated through Anibale fly

Comment

It's incredibly iffy doing a general chase mark based on performances over cross country or National fences. That's one of the reasons that the National handicap is individually crafted.
                      There's a recent tendency for marks to have a big race bias that seems all wrong to me. The last two or three King Georges have been badly overrated and there's no way in the world that the Gold Cup was worth 175.

This doesn't take away from Tiger Roll being a smashing little horse who is a credit to himself and his connections.

Comment

It's incredibly iffy doing a general chase mark based on performances over cross country or National fences. That's one of the reasons that the National handicap is individually crafted.
                        To illustrate my point, Cadmium has gone up to 162 just 10 weeks after he finished 4th at Leopardstown off 147.

Comment

Tiger Roll indeed up to 170.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Legendary horse already.
                            I hate how over used the word 'legend' is but Tiger Roll is the living embodiment of what a legend is. Wouldn't carry a bean of my money at 7/4 but were he to make it to Cheltenham next year and win the cross country in the way he did this year, then i'd cheer him home with a smile on my face.

Comment

yep, he was already provisionally on 167 in UK after cheltenham.
                              reckon UK handicapper will go couple pounds higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X