Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Tiger Roll - Gold Cup ?

    Not totally convinced he would get away with his jumping technique over Cheltenham fences but on a line through A Fly you would have to think with a clear round he wins ?

    Probably would have gone close in the Stayers too.

  2. #2
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,252
    I think it will be the same again next year, if a horse like BDM did take his chance next year the national will be on the cards aswell

  3. #3
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,360
    Zero chance. He'll win the Cross Country again and retire on the spot.

  4. #4
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,784
    O'Leary said he'll go for the Cross Country and would retire on the spot.

    I don't think he's an ante-post proposition now... absolutely any set back at all and he'll be retired.

    Legendary horse already.

  5. #5
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    O'Leary said he'll go for the Cross Country and would retire on the spot.

    I don't think he's an ante-post proposition now... absolutely any set back at all and he'll be retired.

    Legendary horse already.
    I saw the Michael O'leary comments on the racing post site today,
    And i completely agree with what you say Kev , Legend. (Tiger Roll ).

  6. #6
    I dont think this is a bluff and they will be very careful with him - it would have been interesting to see how far he could have gone at grade 1 chase level but as Davy said he is a divil with the jumping.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    I think it will be the same again next year, if a horse like BDM did take his chance next year the national will be on the cards aswell
    Not sure that will make much difference given Tiger will be rated 170+.
    Who'd have thought we would have 170 rated horses running in the cross country ???

  8. #8
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,360
    How on earth would Tiger Roll be on 170+? He won by less than 3 lengths off 159.

  9. #9
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    How on earth would Tiger Roll be on 170+? He won by less than 3 lengths off 159.
    It’s based off the early comments of the U.K. handicapper saying initial thoughts were it was a low 170s run

    On one side he was 8lbs well in which needs to be considered.

    On the other, Rathvinden is a 159 horse who he beat 5 lengths giving 5lbs and I think we would all agree he was probably good for another length or two.

    Walk in the Mill in off 142, gave him 14lbs and a 17length beating

  10. #10
    Also could get there if you rated through Anibale fly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •