Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Eurovision 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robith View Post
    65/1 into 11/2. Happy with that
    Back out to 25/1

Ridiculous market!

Similar story to my Azerbaijan bet!

Comment

Not looking food for Moldova to qualify tonight 3/1

Comment

So what’s everyone’s final thoughts now? Netherlands are now odds on so I’m in a handy position but still just not convinced it will get enough public votes

Comment

Apologies for Moldova! Thought they were unlucky to not go through

Loved Norway.

Think the fav is the best song but won't be backing away even money. .... would prefer Aussies and Sweden each way as bets to nothing with the 5 places

Comment

Azerbijan and Italy look overpriced to me for places with some win potential

Serbia are still value for a lot of markets. Germany to finish last is short, but often a fulfilling bet

Iceland i think have the novelty element that televoters could latch on to. I hear they and Australia did *very well* in the semi voting

Netherlands - seen it all before. Best song, not quite interesting enough, finishes 3rd. Tale as old as time

Comment

I’ve split my betting into three parts here. A couple of lays, a few tips from the expert doing oddschecker and then my own fancies after hearing the songs and reading this thread. Cheers for those valuable opinions across this thread.

The bloke doing oddscheckers tips made three good arguments for his three bets which are:
              - Israel to finish bottom at 14/1
              - Czech Republic top 10 at 4/1
              - Australia E/W at 13/2 (place value apparently)

Then I’ve done these based on this thread and my own opinions:
              - Sweden E/W @ 9/1
              - Switzerland E/W 10/1
              - Norway E/W 28/1
              - Switzerland Top tele vote E/W (3 places) 6/1
              - Norway Top tele vote E/W (3 places) 20/1
              - Serbia top Balkan at 11/2

- LAID Germany to finish bottom at 2.52. I don’t think it’s bad at all. Unlikely to make the top half though.
              - LAID Netherlands at 1.74. Surely that’s too short based on the thoughts of those on this thread who know more than I do and all the betting articles that say the same.

Oddschecker Tips - 1.5 points
              Own/Forum bets - 3 points
              Lays - 1.5 points

Total outlay of 6 points. On Eurovision. Wow. What a way to give away the likely Koepka winnings

The two bets on the Swiss (particularly the televote one) and Sweden outright are my main bets. Really fancy them to go well with that draw.

Cheers for the posts on this lads. It’s a weirdly fascinating event to bet on I’ve decided but a bit of fun. And I’m in. Good luck.
              Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 18 May 2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Nice MoM.

One of the busiest betting days of the entire year today for me.

EuroVision looks like this:

Now very heavily invested in Sweden 6/1 AND 9/1 ew (14/1 win only) and Australia 13/2 and 11/2 each way both (5 places) - I'm almost expecting Sweden to win the Jury Vote (2/1 for that I may also add) and Australia have a super draw and it's easily the best staging. I'm expecting top 5 for both Jury and Public votes.

Very much hope robith is right about Netherlands, I agree it's the best song too. I've found the song has really, really grown on me the more I've heard it... but when I first herrd it I only thought "yeah this is good"... so my 'hope' is that the majority of people voting have only tuned in for Saturday and it doesn't stand out.... I've certainly seen better Eurovision songs that aren't odds on too, so purely on value grounds I'm taking it on. THAT SAID, I did have the
                10/1 special that Netherlands win and Sweden, Switzerland and Australia finish top 10 (2 pts win)

as I thought that was good value!

As I briefly mentioned in my last post, Norway I really liked - I've go them at 125/1 4 places and 4 pts at 5/2 for top 10. There is no way I've leave the 40/1 if I was starting fresh either...

I also agree that Azerbaijan are still value. Fortunately (on the back of the oddschecker tips earlier in the year) I have a nice 66/1 price about them, 20/1 still looks fair though!

For smaller stakes at wilder prices I've got Czech Republic 125/1 and 100/1 as well as Denmark at 125/1 (which I hate, and actually backed NOT to qualify during semi final 2.)

I've had over 40 pts on so far.... and spent £100+ buying different beers from as many different countries in tonights final as possible ready for the party (some incredible finds for Estonia/Malta on the internet).

I'm definitely going to need more than 1 of these bets to land to make profit... Norway top 10 and Sweden and Australia top 5 would see me break even though which I don't think is asking a lot... then if I land the wnner or sneak one in to the top 4 I'll be doing quite nicely.

Best of luck all, let the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, BEGIN!
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 May 2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I thought this thread was a piss take but it looks like you’re genuinely betting on The Eurovision ......brilliant

Comment

Norway were utterly superb there.

Best by a mile.

Followed by the Dutch and then Sweden so far

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Holland win it don’t they
                      Yes, yes they blooming do

Comment

Well the 10/1 request a bet landed (my friend the one who requested it) and Norway top 10 so I'm 34 pts back.

... and as posted the Sweden Jury vote winners came in at 2/1 so all in all pretty decent.

Jash rolled onto Netherlands and Brooks Koepka for a decent return so although not a great individual event I'm gonna be up of Koepka hold on to his 7 shot lead .... and I've loved it

Love you all

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Well the 10/1 request a bet landed (my friend the one who requested it) and Norway top 10 so I'm 34 pts back.

... and as posted the Sweden Jury vote winners came in at 2/1 so all in all pretty decent.

Jash rolled onto Netherlands and Brooks Koepka for a decent return so although not a great individual event I'm gonna be up of Koepka hold on to his 7 shot lead .... and I've loved it

Love you all

And to you Kev!

Scenes here as the Norway to win the Televote bet landed at 20/1! Been singing that song all night! Love it

Comment

" GEFELICITEERD " to you Eurovision Winner's !! .

Comment

Working...
                            X