Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Eurovision 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Eurovision's appeal is the betting
    Yep, I certainly don't go through the 2 hour pain of the performers, but like many others I'll find a decent wild card financial interest as well as lay UK top 5/10 and turn the TV on around 9.30...

Comment

Yet you've had a bet on the next Pope?

Drival.

Eurovision's appeal is the betting, I can assure you a 100/1 place or a 33/1 winner feels just as good as solving a Saturday flat handicap....
      I took his post to be sarcastic. I mean who knows a long distance lorry driver who is interested in anything other than murdering prostitutes?

Comment

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker on the forum, but have finally decided to get involved and the shameless thing is the first thread I have decided to get involved in is the Eurovision song contest thread

Anyways the moldova shout has enticed me in as I had them backed at 100/1 in 2017 with the sun stroke project and the geezer with the saxophone (youtube it, what a bounce) Anyways they came 3rd that year, so a nice 25/1 e/w place was great.

Kevloaf - have you heard any upbeat silly songs (classic Eurovision) that have appealed this year? I am about to go for a listen now, but a steer in the right direction of something upbeat always helps.

Comment

Originally posted by UnTempsPourTout View Post
          Hi everyone,

Long time lurker on the forum, but have finally decided to get involved and the shameless thing is the first thread I have decided to get involved in is the Eurovision song contest thread

Anyways the moldova shout has enticed me in as I had them backed at 100/1 in 2017 with the sun stroke project and the geezer with the saxophone (youtube it, what a bounce) Anyways they came 3rd that year, so a nice 25/1 e/w place was great.

Kevloaf - have you heard any upbeat silly songs (classic Eurovision) that have appealed this year? I am about to go for a listen now, but a steer in the right direction of something upbeat always helps.
          If you're after dumb old school Eurovision (as opposed to the semi polish pop everyone goes for now) Spain is the one you're looking for. If they get a late draw they'll be on theleft hadn side imo

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            If you're after dumb old school Eurovision (as opposed to the semi polish pop everyone goes for now) Spain is the one you're looking for. If they get a late draw they'll be on theleft hadn side imo

Yeah I always like something that may get the popular vote. Nothing will ever come close to Ukraine 2007 https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufil...&v=hfjHJneVonE - the insanity of that is ridiculous

Comment

Sea of blue for Sweden I see.

Keeping a close eye on this thread. Always a bit of fun but it appears we have a couple of experts who can guide us to the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
                Looks like the entire readership of Fatjockey do actually take an interest in this drival.

Other than racing we never view the plasma nailed on the wall.
                Not the Entire Readership , Redbridge . .... Plasma T.V , Sheer Bloooooody Looooxury !! .

Comment

Seems to be a lot of support for Sweden - they'd drifted out to double figures but a clear 2nd fav now.

The Azerbajan gamble has stopped, 66/1 in to best price 10/1.

France have gone from 66/1 to best price 12/1 in a week.

Incredible.

Some of these moves will be based on rehersals.... I personally now like to keep my powder dry and see HOW they perform (staging etc) in the Semi's.... we'll have a lot more strong market moves over the next few nights and getting on early during shouldn't be too hard!

I don't consider the money to be 'informed' money either, less so than in horse racing and that's usually worth opposing as a general rule.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                    France my early shout
                    65/1 into 11/2. Happy with that

Comment

Yeah very impressive Rob.

Any bets on the semi's?

I haven't. The way I enjoy the semi final, is watch and hover over oddschecker as each act is on and back for the main event.... if I like it, I back it!

Simples

Comment

Originally posted by UnTempsPourTout View Post
                        Hi everyone,

Sorry UTPT - I read this, laughed and then forgot to come back to it!

I haven't yet, however I actively try to avoid any of it until tonight as I feel the 'whole performance' matters so much more than a video and number of youtube views....

Comment

Never did i expect to see 5 pages of Eurovision lol

Comment

Yeah very impressive Rob.

Any bets on the semi's?

I haven't. The way I enjoy the semi final, is watch and hover over oddschecker as each act is on and back for the main event.... if I like it, I back it!

Simples
                            Was my birthday yesterday so I was out. Usually what I do for the semis is look at big prices I think will qualify and I can lay when they contract

Comment

Happy birthday for yesterday.

Thay semi final was really poor.

Shame Moldova weren't in it!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Any strong opinions on Norway?

I know nothing about Eurovision but I do like Norway for the St Leger and was thinking of placing a Norway / Norway each way double
                                I've backed Norway for top 10 at 5/2

Comment

Working...
                                X