Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Aintree - Ladies Day (Friday card)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought Champ had been sold when I looked at Skybets card for the 4:40. Thought I was living under a rock and when did that happen! But obviously a mistake! JP hasnt sold and Paddy Brennan isnt riding for Fergal O'Brien!

Does he stay the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      The scattergun is out today:

Brio Conti ew 6/1 - as per Kev's post
      Knight in Dubai ew 16/1 - an eye catcher in the coral cup. The track will suit but the ground is now a worry.

Rouge Vif 11/1 - as per Kev's post.

Topofthegame 4/5 - should be winning this and 4/5 looks a decent price on the RSA running. Going in multiples.

Activial ew 25/1 (nap) - jumps like a stag, should enjoy this test and the trip.
      Sub Lieutenant 70.0 - not as good as he was but has some decent course form. Hopefully the fences can work him into life. Trainer and jockey another positive.
      Call it Magic ew 10/1 - his run over the fences was eye-catching earlier in the season, drop in trip will suit. This must have been the plan since December.
      Henryville ew 28/1 - mainly because I love the trainer at Aintree. He does have so good course form also.

Best of luck all.
      Added Mont Des Avaloirs in the first 10/1ew 7 places - skipped Cheltenham for this and has some decent Handicap for to his name.

Flying Angel 20/1ew - another with good Aintree form. Very well handicapped on the best of his form but a bit of a rogue these days.

Comment

As said in the original post, small stakes day. Will mainly be playing a few multiple combinations and a placepot for interest. I've got horses that I think will run well, but few I'm seriously confident of winning.

1:45 - Brio Conti / Canardier (both ew) a pair of Coral Cup eyecatchers
        2:20 - Itchy Feet / Rouge Vif at a price - any of these could win really. I'd be most against Aramon on the basis of ground although breaking blood vessels is a worry for IF
        2:50 - Chris's Dream I'll be against any horses that were battling it out at the business end of 3 miles + this week. Lostintranslation is the obvious one that looks to suit the step up, but has been on the go a while. I'll take a swing with Chris's Dream who has freshness on his side and some good form tying in with Discorama/Ballyward/Champagne Classic.
        3:25 - Waiting Patiently / Politologue SFCs with Hells Kitchen I'm expecting a big run from Hells Kitchen here, who had a troubled prep for Cheltenham and looked to be nursed round. That said, I think one of the other two class horses will just have the edge. I'm very much against Min.
        4:05 - Ballyhill / Peregrine Run / Indian Temple (ew) - claims of the first two are widely advertised, although ground may have gone for PR. Indian Temple a bit more left field but ran a good race in this last year (7th) on unsuitably heavy ground. Trained with one race in mind all season and a massive price.
        4:40 - Emitom (ew to nothing) / Lisnagar Oscar - Emitom looks a real horse but worry if he's mature enough for this yet. I'm expecting him to place. I was with Lisnagar for the Albert Bartlett and I don't think the run of the race suited him. Happy to chance again on his back form

Comment

.....been drizzly most of the morning, just about stopping now but I expect it’ll be very testing.

Hoping it jumps off this time, had to have a few bob on Mount Mews in the opener along with Esprit du Large.
          Last edited by Eggs; 5 April 2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Itchy Feet is 4/1 3 places on 365.

2 pt ew added... has sorted to a backable ew price now.

Too much made of the ground IMO when he ran so well on similar at Cheltenham.

Comment

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh having another classic Aintree day

Comment

Some week for the Supreme Racing club!

Comment

Topofthegame took out all of my multis but ending with Min, Cadmium and McFabulous turned it into a pretty good day!

Comment

How good was LiT, Min & Champ today. They all had some very tired horses behind them but they’ve restored their lofty reputation and credibility in my eyes. That’s the best I’ve seen Min jump from memory

Comment

Working...
                    X