Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln

Zwayyan has a big chance. Race looks weak renewal and his Wolverhampton win was all class. Will strip fitter than most could well have a plum draw and is experienced handicapper which you need in this race. Top jockey on board and massive price. EW certainty in my book.

Are we not looking for a mid to high draw Lobos ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Are we not looking for a mid to high draw Lobos ?
      We won't know until after the race as always.

Comment

It's not original but I think the fav will take all the beating tomorrow. Had a small ew bet on Third Time Lucky too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          We won't know until after the race as always.
          So how do you deduce the 1 box is a plum draw ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            So how do you deduce the 1 box is a plum draw ?
            I didn't. I said may well be. Low draw always used to be important in Lincoln years ago but not so much now. I always like my fancies to be drawn close to either rail so they do not have to waste energy moving near or far. Really happy with 1 draw. Can't see him being outside of top 3 and has a serious chance of winning on his Wolverhampton win.

Comment

Iv'e gone for Masham star @ 40-1 , in my Lucky 15 today.

Comment

Added South Seas - another cliff horse!

Comment

Lobos, to give you further encouragement, I heard from someone who works for one of the high street/online bookies that Balding has put a big bet on Zwayyan. Apparently he doesn’t usually punt his own horses. This is why the price collapsed from 25s into 14s last week. Coming in again since.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    And me FM, don't get too many 3 year cliffs on the flat.
                    Small interest in Kings Chatez too, unlikely winner but 40/1 is a mad price

Comment

Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
                      Lobos, to give you further encouragement, I heard from someone who works for one of the high street/online bookies that Balding has put a big bet on Zwayyan. Apparently he doesn’t usually punt his own horses. This is why the price collapsed from 25s into 14s last week. Coming in again since.
                      He was also entered in the listed race today so they must think he's better than handicap company. The fav must be a monster though the way he has been backed. Betfred dangled 5/1 an hour ago...now 11/4 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        If they could find a jockey who could give him a clear ride for once he’d have a lot more 1s next to him

So naturally I too have him

Comment

Love this race and the return of the flat! Holds so many good memories for me.

My usual combinations of singles, reversed forecasts and tricasts

1. Great Prospector (Fahey/Hanagan) - trainer has great record in the race. The horse looks ripe for a step up in distance on a flat track which should suit.

2. Wahash (Hannon/Marquand) - top yard in ok form with a horse running on the same mark as his Salisbury nose 2nd. Ground/distance both fine.

3. Auxerre (C.Appleby/Doyle) - could well be a group horse in a handicap but still a tricky task even if he is.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Not a huge fan of the race but had a few quid ew on Humbert, looks a little overpriced at 12's.
                            Also had a yankee on SDS, that brings in Zwayyan.
                            Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 30 March 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Looks like Auxerre will become the 36th horse in the last 25 years to be a group horse in a handicap (will be WAY too short next time based on those statistics)

Comment

Working...
                              X