Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Scottish Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve gone for CLOTH CAP for Trevor Hemmings and Jonjo O’Neill in the Scottish National at 20/1. He has 10st at the moment, and I hope th trainer chooses this race rather than the earlier race on Saturday which has a decent sized pot.

Two good wins, a decent break since, and double entered on Saturday tells me he is ready to run. Was a possible for 4-miler at Cheltenham, but missed the meeting.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I’m interested to see what King’s running plans are here, TalkisCheap has some cracking form in the book but I’ve been burnt too many times this season with AP non runners so will wait until I know more.
      I know Tizzards horse has improved plenty but TiCs run behind La Bag Au Roi with that one 6l back reads very well now...

Comment

Cloth Cap isn’t eligible for the novice handicap chase
        I was on Talkischeap for the Ultima but they said they were going to miss it to freshen him up for Ayr

Comment

23 entries for the j d pierce and only 13 eligible! Plenty of ricks about lads!!

Haven’t even looked at the other races but have seen Malaya mentioned above, how well did she do to win last time after pretty much falling!

Comment

First bet today , in the Scottish National , Chidswell @ 20-1.

Comment

...threw a few early darts at Crosspark @ 16-1 and Kingswell Theatre @ 50-1.

Very interested in Azzuri if it turns up in the Scotty Brand Handicap Chase (first race at Ayr on Saturday). In a couple of hours it plummeted from 33-1 to 8-1 for the Red Rum at Aintree but was withdrawn when the rain came.

Comment

Previous winners

2018 Joe Farrell 9 10-6 Adam Wedge 33/1 (Miss Rebecca Curtis)
                2017 Vicente 8 11-10 Sam Twiston-Davies 9/1JFav (Paul Nicholls)
                2016 Vicente 7 11-3 Sam Twiston-Davies 14/1 (Paul Nicholls)
                2015 Wayward Prince 11 10-1 R T Dunne 25/1 (Mrs H Parrott)
                2014 Al Co 9 10-0 J E Moore 40/1 (Peter Bowen)
                2013 Godsmejudge 7 11-3 W Hutchinson 12/1 (Alan King)
                2012 Merigo 11 10-2 T J Murphy 15/2 (A Parker)
                2011 Beshabar 9 10-4 R Johnson 15/2 (Tim Vaughan)
                2010 Merigo 9 10-0 T J Murphy 18/1 (A Parker)
                2009 Hello Bud 11 10-9 P J Brennan 12/1 (Nigel Twiston-Davies)
                2008 Iris De Balme 8 9-7 Mr C Huxley 66/1 (S Curran)

Hard to pull much of a trend out of that other than the dual winners ...Low weights were favoured but then 2 of last 4 carried 11 10.

Comment

It's almost like backing trends blind are daft

Crosshue Boy for me. Easy pick.
                  Tried the National fences, didn't work out - this clearly the aim after that experiement.

Won on the card 12 months ago beating Dingo Dollar - doesn't get as much weight off him as he did when beating that horse 1L last year but the extra mile negates the literal reading of the handicap weight anyway and I think it'll suit Crosshue Boy.

Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    It's almost like backing trends blind are daft

Crosshue Boy for me. Easy pick.
                    Tried the National fences, didn't work out - this clearly the aim after that experiement.

Won on the card 12 months ago beating Dingo Dollar - doesn't get as much weight off him as he did when beating that horse 1L last year but the extra mile negates the literal reading of the handicap weight anyway and I think it'll suit Crosshue Boy.

Good luck all.
                    He's one of two in this for me, for those reasons Kev. I also backed Big River last week but I'd be cashing out of I had that option. Really don't fancy him now.

Comment

Backed
                      Sizing Codelco 50-1 ew
                      Cloth Cap 14-1 ew
                      Going to back
                      Vintage Clouds and Chidswell tomorrow morning.

Theres a lot of slow hold up merchants in this and I think it may suit prominent racers with a bit more class, or just well handicapped of course. Imagine a couple of them will be near front and other two may be held up on first circuit at least. We'll see.

Comment

Scottish Grand National..... selections. Impulsive Star/ Takingrisks... 1st. 25/1 , and N. A. Twiston Davis two Gogry & Blue Flight..... 3rd 25/1.

Good luck all.
                        Last edited by kensland; 13 April 2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                          Big River has been screaming for a step up in trip for ages
                          Added Dingo Dollar each way to go with my antepost bet Big River. Ground is a bit fast for BR but he has been crying out for this marathon trip for a fair while.

Comment

Working...
                          X