Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Scottish Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Grand National

Morning all; I’ve decided to visit Ayr this year instead of Aintree and having never been before if anyone has any tips/advice that would be appreciated. Has anyone any early fancies for the Scottish National or the Scottish Champion Hurdle? Some wild prices about but finding intended runners the hard part

Joe Farrell will win National again. Take 14's with Hills. He'll go off fav on day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Joe Farrell will win National again. Take 14's with Hills. He'll go off fav on day.
      Might get a run in the English national at this rate. That'd be my worry if I was backing him ante post.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Might get a run in the English national at this rate. That'd be my worry if I was backing him ante post.
        No chance of getting in. Would need another 13 to come out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          No chance of getting in. Would need another 13 to come out ?
          He'll need another 5 or 6 to come out but GE surely doesn't run all of his.

ADO
          BDM
          Abolitionist
          Blaklion

Are confirmed out.

The Storyteller, Valtor, Polidam, BBB and Shattered Love all must be major doubts. Ultragold should line up in Topham too

There is a chance he make it but only a small chance
          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 29 March 2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Much more chance he'll end up at Ayr. He won't be 14's that's for sure especially with big doubts around the horses in front and just behind him in betting.

Comment

Looking like he’ll get in at Aintree so will need to find something else for Ayr

Comment

Paul Nichols has a decent record in this race with Vincente so I’m planning on backing Gimmie A Copper when the race goes NRNB. He’s 16’s at present.

Does anyone know how Vintage Clouds is after his fall in yesterday’s GN??

Comment

Big River has been screaming for a step up in trip for ages

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    Morning all; I’ve decided to visit Ayr this year instead of Aintree and having never been before if anyone has any tips/advice that would be appreciated. Has anyone any early fancies for the Scottish National or the Scottish Champion Hurdle? Some wild prices about but finding intended runners the hard part
                    What advice are you looking for mate? Places to drink, eat etc?
                    Last edited by giantchelsea; 7 April 2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Anyone put me off Verdana Blue in the Scottish Champion Hurdle?

Comment

Not me, I backed it for this the minute I heard it had been withdrawn at Aintree. Got a bit of a fright when I noticed it was entered to run in a flat race at Nottingham on Thursday, but it looks like it is definitely heading to Ayr and the going should be perfect for her.

BUT, she ran poorly in this last year.
                        Last edited by giantchelsea; 8 April 2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't say she's well handicapped really (157) and don't get an allowance.
                          Giving weight to the field when if it were a graded (non handicap) contest would be getting 7lb off all the boys.
                          Couldn't win off 145 last year.
                          Likely some unexposed novices on decent marks also.

Not saying she can't win but just seems unlikely.

ps, although a slight contradiction with her being a mare also. I did think Pearl of the West was an interesting entry, and may be on a fair mark. The warm up run at Dundalk looked ok.

The market looks poor value though at the minute. They all look too short.
                          Last edited by Quevega; 8 April 2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

The Scottish Champion Hurdle is likely to go the way of another unexposed 5/6yo as most tend to do.
                            Skelton has mopped up some big handicaps in recent weeks and his Nube Negra looks an obvious chance, looked to have every chance of winning a valuable Taunton race before being hampered and brought down but that allows him to get in here off 137, leading chance IMO

Comment

MALAYA for me in the Scottish Champion Hurdle.decent sized pot, and I am hopeful PN will let her take her chance on Saturday, and 10/1 is a fair price.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                              X