Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....added Princess Zoe to win MNH and Bachasson to win a/r @ 200-1 with Sky.

Looks a bit of value given Princess Zoe is 6-1 with Hills (MNH) and Bachasson is 20-1 (a/r).
    But what do you realistically see Bachasson winning? 6th this year in the Coral Cup and will be a 10 year old next year. Value at the odds I suppose but realistically, he’s surely not a good 20/1 shot. Not for me.

He even went off 33s this year in the Coral Cup.

Comment

• ....fair point, MoM. I was looking at value and thought it was worth a little interest, particularly given the hype around Princess Zoe.

I appreciate Bachasson’s age but it’s relatively lightly raced and it was a reasonable performance in the Coral Cup. It also has decent Chase form in the past so could have a few race options.
      Last edited by Eggs; 18 September 2020, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• ......Princess Zoe to win Prix du Cadran and Mares Novice Hurdle plus Envoi Allen to win a/r 215-1 with Hills price boost.
        Last edited by Eggs; 21 September 2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Will she really run if in the Mares Novice Hurdle if she wins a Cadran? Firstly when does she get a break and then get sufficient experience over hurdles? And secondly if she wins the Cadran surely they have bigger fish to fry despite what they say about unfinished business. That’s the logical side of my brain.

On the Other side of my brain I like the fact that she’d go to Cheltenham as most likely the most experienced battle hardened horse in the race. And there’s nothing wrong with the price, so I have no problem with the bet. It’s the kind I’d have if I liked it. A grand for a fiver for something plausible is worth a flyer.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• ...Princess Zoe as low as 5-1 with PP for the Cadran. I have no idea if she’ll turn up at the Festival but others quote the owners as saying they have ‘unfinished business’.

Plenty of ‘ifs and buts’, not long to wait until the first leg.

Comment

• Thought they were targetting Cesarewitch first ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                Will she really run if in the Mares Novice Hurdle if she wins a Cadran? Firstly when does she get a break and then get sufficient experience over hurdles? And secondly if she wins the Cadran surely they have bigger fish to fry despite what they say about unfinished business. That’s the logical side of my brain.

On the Other side of my brain I like the fact that she’d go to Cheltenham as most likely the most experienced battle hardened horse in the race. And there’s nothing wrong with the price, so I have no problem with the bet. It’s the kind I’d have if I liked it. A grand for a fiver for something plausible is worth a flyer.
                I agree Spectre. Win Cadran and they'll surely target the Cup races next season and bin any jumping thoughts.

Comment

• Under estimating the owners wishes and quite open desire to have a Cheltenham Festival runner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Under estimating the owners wishes and quite open desire to have a Cheltenham Festival runner?
                    They are probably thinking they'll only get some decent place money in France. Win that race or indeed the Cesarewitch and they'll have a big decision to make.

Comment

• Betting suspended on 100/1 G Island and P Zoe to finish 1st/2nd in any order in Novice Mares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Betting suspended on 100/1 G Island and P Zoe to finish 1st/2nd in any order in Novice Mares.

Anyone backing a reverse forecast in the Mares Novice Hurdle 6 months out is insane.

It's 100/1 that Willie Mullins doesn't get a horse in the first two, let alone naming the two that'll do it.

If anyone has backed that bet on here, let me know and I'll suspend your account

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Anyone backing a reverse forecast in the Mares Novice Hurdle 6 months out is insane.

It's 100/1 that Willie Mullins doesn't get a horse in the first two, let alone naming the two that'll do it.

If anyone has backed that bet on here, let me know and I'll suspend your account
                          Everyone's gone quiet.......

Comment

• ....Sir Gerhard a best priced 14-1 for the Champion Bumper, yet currently on offer @ 33-1 in Sky RaB list.

Surely an oversight.

Comment

....Sir Gerhard a best priced 14-1 for the Champion Bumper, yet currently on offer @ 33-1 in Sky RaB list.

Surely an oversight.
                              Good spot this I've had a free bet fiver on it as as much as its too early to be confident in a bumper horse like you say 33s is an oversight by them.

Comment

....Sir Gerhard a best priced 14-1 for the Champion Bumper, yet currently on offer @ 33-1 in Sky RaB list.

Surely an oversight.
                                Great spot Eggs, just loaded up 33/1.
                                Much appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                                X