Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyAllen View Post
    They’re only mug’s bets if you’re a mug Kev.

If you’re astute and see something you like, whether it’s 50/1,100/1 or more....the use of firstly Oddschecker and then even more importantly a ‘betting calculator’, to see what the ACTUAL price of the accumalator is worth is something I never fail to do, on every single occasion I use Requestabets.

The amount of 66/1 or 125/1 bets that look great value as a whole......until 2 mins later when you’ve done your homework and worked out by using another bookie online and done them as ‘individual selections’ as an accumalator and getting substantially better odds, it’s nearly all the time.

Mugs bets are only for mugs. Like any punter needs to learn, old or new - DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Only then can you help to potentially beat the markets.
    How have you managed to disagree with me, then make the same point I made?

I said it's a list of mug bets, with the odd diamond in there. The diamond refers to a bet where you are beating the price of doing it yourself, OR it's a combination of things you can't do yourself as a correct or value price.

Most of the time when somebody posts one of the RAB's on here, I try to offer up the combinations just to highlight them - to make sure everybody is aware this is the correct thing to do - to elimate as many poor value (mug) bets as possible.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Yeah Kev is spot on.
    They’re designed as fun bets, my guess is somewhere between 25-50% of these are winners for Sky without the tapes going up.
    Worst bet I ever had in my life was one of these last season, 10/1 Gypsh Island and something else I forgot both to place, I had considerably more than a free fiver and a few weeks later Gypsy Island was out.
    I still kick myself now.

That said Sky did go NRNB from 1 Jan last season so makes plenty of sense to wait until then, but of course much of the value has disappeared by then...

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Yes very much worth mentioning when they did go NRNB and create the NRNB RAB's there were consideribly more 'errors' on their part and value to be had.

There will always be the exceptions and I don't feel I have to look at the RAB's as any that are wrong will be posted on here

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Outlaw's Avatar
    Requesting a horse "To place" often with an extra place in championship races when NRNB is where the biggest ricks are found imo, good luck getting more than 5 on thou sooner or later Sky accounts are a waste of time.

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yes very much worth mentioning when they did go NRNB and create the NRNB RAB's there were consideribly more 'errors' on their part and value to be had.

There will always be the exceptions and I don't feel I have to look at the RAB's as any that are wrong will be posted on here
    I’m amazed they still put up so many RAB bets up, the volume is huge this far out. I’ve made a profit every year from betting with them. And you are right Kev they are littered with pricing errors and slip ups which you can take advantage of if you’re on the ball. It must be down to the sheer volume of bets. They also sometimes forget to amend or take down RABs at the festival as the week progresses. On a few occasions a RAB is still available when 2 of the horses have already won or placed as the Festival progresses. Maybe this festival we designate someone to be in charge of monitoring RAB’s when Sky go NRNB to clock such mistakes or when they drop their guard??

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Spectre's Avatar
    Most are mugs bets but here are always a small number of really good ones.

It always worth a check whether a multiple is better priced, for the any race option when there are doubts about targets, and whether there are any place combinations with horses you like.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    I’m amazed they still put up so many RAB bets up, the volume is huge this far out. I’ve made a profit every year from betting with them. And you are right Kev they are littered with pricing errors and slip ups which you can take advantage of if you’re on the ball. It must be down to the sheer volume of bets. They also sometimes forget to amend or take down RABs at the festival as the week progresses. On a few occasions a RAB is still available when 2 of the horses have already won or placed as the Festival progresses. Maybe this festival we designate someone to be in charge of monitoring RAB’s when Sky go NRNB to clock such mistakes or when they drop their guard??
    They wouldn't pay out surely in the above scenario where 2 have already won ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    ...with Hills;

Princess Zoe (Mares Nov); Capt Guinness (Ark); Abracadabra (CH) and Column of Fire (a/r) all to finish first 3 around 250-1 with boost.

The 4 timers are very difficult but they are generally 12-1, 20-1, 7-1 and 14-1 respectively in those markets.
    ...noticed this is now 66-1, quite a price drop.

....Eric Bloodaxe and Fury Road to win any race at the Festival is 470-1 with Hills price boost.

Thought this was worth highlighting.

Lots of talk on here about Fury Road remaining over hurdles and it’s ‘any race’ price collapsing with some firms. Eric Bloodaxe requires a leap of faith but it beat Ferny Hollow in a Bumper less than 12 months ago and I notice a few posters have it in their diary portfolio.
    Last edited by Eggs; 25th September 2020 at 07:07 AM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) taylorch1990's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    ....Eric Bloodaxe and Fury Road to win any race at the Festival is 470-1 with Hills price boost.

Thought this was worth highlighting.

Lots of talk on here about Fury Road remaining over hurdles and it’s ‘any race’ price collapsing with some firms. Eric Bloodaxe requires a leap of faith but it beat Ferny Hollow in a Bumper less than 12 months ago and I notice a few posters have it in their diary portfolio.
    Like that one thrown a couple of points at it.