Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most are mugs bets but here are always a small number of really good ones.

It always worth a check whether a multiple is better priced, for the any race option when there are doubts about targets, and whether there are any place combinations with horses you like.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      I’m amazed they still put up so many RAB bets up, the volume is huge this far out. I’ve made a profit every year from betting with them. And you are right Kev they are littered with pricing errors and slip ups which you can take advantage of if you’re on the ball. It must be down to the sheer volume of bets. They also sometimes forget to amend or take down RABs at the festival as the week progresses. On a few occasions a RAB is still available when 2 of the horses have already won or placed as the Festival progresses. Maybe this festival we designate someone to be in charge of monitoring RAB’s when Sky go NRNB to clock such mistakes or when they drop their guard??
      They wouldn't pay out surely in the above scenario where 2 have already won ??????

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
        ...with Hills;

Princess Zoe (Mares Nov); Capt Guinness (Ark); Abracadabra (CH) and Column of Fire (a/r) all to finish first 3 around 250-1 with boost.

The 4 timers are very difficult but they are generally 12-1, 20-1, 7-1 and 14-1 respectively in those markets.
        ...noticed this is now 66-1, quite a price drop.

Comment

• ....Eric Bloodaxe and Fury Road to win any race at the Festival is 470-1 with Hills price boost.

Thought this was worth highlighting.

Lots of talk on here about Fury Road remaining over hurdles and it’s ‘any race’ price collapsing with some firms. Eric Bloodaxe requires a leap of faith but it beat Ferny Hollow in a Bumper less than 12 months ago and I notice a few posters have it in their diary portfolio.
          Last edited by Eggs; 25 September 2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

....Eric Bloodaxe and Fury Road to win any race at the Festival is 470-1 with Hills price boost.

Thought this was worth highlighting.

Lots of talk on here about Fury Road remaining over hurdles and it’s ‘any race’ price collapsing with some firms. Eric Bloodaxe requires a leap of faith but it beat Ferny Hollow in a Bumper less than 12 months ago and I notice a few posters have it in their diary portfolio.
            Like that one thrown a couple of points at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
              Maybe this festival we designate someone to be in charge of monitoring RAB’s when Sky go NRNB to clock such mistakes or when they drop their guard??
              Well volunteered

Comment

• seen they've put up fury road (stayers) and envoi (any) at 80s...a little edge over best possible individuals so I'm having a dabble as I have only rsa covered

Comment

• ....Shishkin to win next years Arkle and the following years Champion Chase; Envoi Allen to win any race next year and the following years Gold Cup - 550-1 with Hills (price boost).

Comment

....Shishkin to win next years Arkle and the following years Champion Chase; Envoi Allen to win any race next year and the following years Gold Cup - 550-1 with Hills (price boost).
                    Done 1pt on this as seems overpriced. Bet referred though which is ominous.

Hills seem to have also pulled the following markets yesterday, which is a pain as I was slowly chipping away at them:

Envoi Allen to win the GC 2022 = 25/1 (was 33/1 last week)
                    Envoi Allen to win the Marsh 2021 and GC 2022 = 50/1 (56/1 boosted)
                    Envoi Allen to win the RSA 2021 and GC 2022 = 66/1 (75/1 boosted)

Comment

....Shishkin to win next years Arkle and the following years Champion Chase; Envoi Allen to win any race next year and the following years Gold Cup - 550-1 with Hills (price boost).
                      Listed as 400/1, when i put it in my slip, it was 300 pre boost, my fiver then got referred to a trader, but went through

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                        Listed as 400/1, when i put it in my slip, it was 300 pre boost, my fiver then got referred to a trader, but went through
                        ....it was 400-1, 550-1 with boost when I put the bet on a couple of hours ago. I just checked and it’s now 300-1, it’s not taken much to give that price a haircut.

Comment

....it was 400-1, 550-1 with boost when I put the bet on a couple of hours ago. I just checked and it’s now 300-1, it’s not taken much to give that price a haircut.
                          Me too Eggsy. I got a little bit of this 550/1 boost 48 hrs ago. Almost a kinda ‘related contingency’ bet - if the first two parts of the bet in 6 months time happen, it leaves the punter in a very enviable position ready for 2022 potentially.

However.......

Homework time. And I’ve done mine too.

550/1 sounds a fantastic price, right??

But.........if you put 4/1, 4/1, 4/1 & 7/2 in a betting calculator on a quid........ you get 561/1.

So, in effect, they are the prices you are taking right now on each of the four parts coming off.

So in effect once again, you (and me) are taking the 4/1 on each of Shishkin winning the champion chase 18 months from now, and the same price likewise with Envoi A winning the Gold Cup 18 months from now too.

The saving caveat is the fact that one part of the bet is ‘any race’ for Envoi A at next year’s festival. That’s the attraction for me.

Comment

• not sure if others have mentioned but just seen envoi, honeysuckle and shiskin (all any) are 40s...looking at hills they are 18s if you combine any race. im on!

Comment

• ....Hills RaB might appeal to a few;

Ballyadam, Bosses Oscar and Appreciate it to win a/r 1,500-1 with boost.

Currently 9-1, 12-1, 9-1 respectively in their a/r market.
                              Last edited by Eggs; 19 October 2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

....Hills RaB might appeal to a few;

Ballyadam, Bosses Oscar and Appreciate it to win a/r 1,500-1 with boost.

Currently 9-1, 12-1, 9-1 respectively in their a/r market.
                                That’s a very good small stakes special Eggs, the odds reflect the likelihood but given the current optimism for those horses it’s worth a small punt.

I also like the Billaway, Fury Road, Lisnager Oscar and PTKO all to finish in Top 4 at 66/1 boosted to 75/1 is another I got suckered into backing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X