Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Foxhunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Derek O'Connor booked to ride Burning Ambition
    Another overbet jockey ? A couple of seconds but hasnt won this.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Another overbet jockey ? A couple of seconds but hasnt won this.
      He rode Balnaslow to win this last year

Comment

Originally posted by chunker86 View Post
        He rode Balnaslow to win this last year
        Hangs head in shame - Derek is the man

Comment

Road to riches in this for me. The class horse in the field & good form over the fences having finished 6th in last years national. 14/1 will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
            Road to riches in this for me. The class horse in the field & good form over the fences having finished 6th in last years national. 14/1 will do.
            ...if you like Road to Riches, have a look at Pass the Hat’s latest run. It was getting weight off RtR but Pass the Hat won comfortably and is more than twice the price for this at 40-1. Pass the Hat also has experience of the National fences, completing the course in 2016 Becher Chase.

If it is confirmed today, the jockey booking for Pass the Hat could be key. Sarah Rippon rode it last time and i’m not aware that she’s ridden at Aintree before. I understand she trains out of Henrietta Kinght’s yard. A very interesting runner for me.
            Last edited by Eggs; 3 April 2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              ...if you like Road to Riches, have a look at Pass the Hat’s latest run. It was getting weight off RtR but Pass the Hat won comfortably and is more than twice the price for this at 40-1. Pass the Hat also has experience of the National fences, completing the course in 2016 Becher Chase.

If it is confirmed today, the jockey booking for Pass the Hat could be key. Sarah Rippon rode it last time and i’m not aware that she’s ridden at Aintree before. I understand she trains out of Henrietta Kinght’s yard. A very interesting runner for me.
              Interesting angle Eggs, thanks for sharing

Comment

...Sky paying 5 places.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post

Good points, and I noticed Pass the Hat at 50s on Sky earlier if you want to top up.
                  One thing to note is that Noel Meade always strongly maintained RoR was a far better horse on good/yielding ground.
                  Good Luck.

Comment

Bears Affair for me is way overpriced at 20's +. Great Aintree record, saved for this race, top Jockey on board and the rain will help.

Comment

I've had to add Greensalt at the prices. He jumped the Aintree fences like a bunny last year and was leading at the elbow. 33/1 and 5 places is too good to refuse for me

Comment

I've had to add Greensalt at the prices. He jumped the Aintree fences like a bunny last year and was leading at the elbow. 33/1 and 5 places is too good to refuse for me
                        ....absolutely agree, it’s my main bet in the race. Worth noting, Dineur and Balnaslow were placed before going on to win in the last few years.

Comment

Can get 40/1 5 places now if anyone is reading.

Asockastar 80/1 5 places (Patrick Mullins) on must be a big price. Patrick Mullins shouldn't be 80/1 really, and the horse ran fine at Cheltenham.

Small bet on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Can get 40/1 5 places now if anyone is reading.

Asockastar 80/1 5 places (Patrick Mullins) on must be a big price. Patrick Mullins shouldn't be 80/1 really, and the horse ran fine at Cheltenham.

Small bet on that.
                            Good shout. On

Comment

Raced nice and prominent at Chelt too so hopefully goes again.

I couldn't decide between the ones I really like at the top of the market so just went fishing.

Comment

Can’t help but think O’Connor tried to be too clever there.

I’d say Codd would’ve taken the 7 day ban for cutting up Top Wood to get on the rail if he was riding BA.

Comment

Working...
                                X