Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Foxhunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Foxhunters

Attached Files

...I know some folk on here have already highlighted Burning Ambition for this.

I won’t let Dineur go unbacked given how well it’s run when i’ve backed it here previously. Bears Affair is interesting given recent trend of horses who finished 2nd the previous year. Greensalt and Sir Jack Yeats ran well last year and might be options.

Be good to see the first market on this race.
    Last edited by Eggs; 20 March 2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

....early market for this forming, threw a few early darts at Sir Jack Yeats (25-1) and Dineur (36-1).

Comment

Burning Ambition and Balnaslow for me at this stage

Comment

...I notice the trends are against horses younger than 9, not good for one of my early punts in Sir Jack Yeats.

Dineur was a big priced place horse before coming back to win this the following year and I am increasingly drawn to Greensalt. A ‘brought down’ in its last race is not ideal, but he was very nicely getting into contention at the business end when the leader fell and caused Greensalt to stumble and unseat his rider.

The horse freely continued and actually crossed the line first. Generally priced 25-1, i’ll be watching to see if he’s turning up and if that price gets bigger.
          Last edited by Eggs; 21 March 2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

....the age trend is against Burning Ambition, but the money appears to have come for it looking at Oddschecker. 8-1 and 7-1 widely available in recent days, it’s now a best priced 6-1.

Comment

Was it just or was anyone else not very impressed with Burning Ambiton last time out? To me he was all out on the run in and just held on, albeit this looks a very weak Foxhunters compared to Cheltenham

Comment

....inexperienced jockey would be a big concern (Sarah Rippon trains out of Henrietta Kinght’s yard) but Pass the Hat could be overpriced @ 40-1, course form and a convincing victory over Road to Riches last time out.
                Last edited by Eggs; 25 March 2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I am sticking with Shantou flyer , Happy enough with his run at Chelt's.

Comment

Derek O'Connor booked to ride Burning Ambition

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Derek O'Connor booked to ride Burning Ambition
                      ....noticed the money for it yesterday, now 11/2 best priced, so perhaps the jockey booking was leaked. 8 year olds have a dreadful record in the race. It seems a very skinny price.

The money today is for Road to Rome, 5-1 best priced.
                      Last edited by Eggs; 27 March 2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                        ....noticed the money for it yesterday, now 11/2 best priced, so perhaps the jockey booking was leaked. 8 year olds have a dreadful record in the race.

The money today is for Road to Rome, 5-1 best priced.
                        I can see the angle with Road to Rome as he jumped for fun round Cheltenham in the foxhunters but he did have a particularly hard race and I'd be worried with the short gap between festivals.

Sam round the national fences is another positive.

Comment

Kruzhlinin I am intrigued with... getting on in years but done very well in the PTP sphere this season.. A regular around Aintree , safe as houses jumper.

Comment

.....I know trends aren’t everybody’s cup of tea, but;

16/16 aged 9 or older (just 2 of the last 33 younger than 9).
                            13/16 aged double figures.
                            13/16 returned 13/2 or less (85% came from top 4 in the market).
                            11/17 ex-handicap horses.
                            10/14 had run over the National fences.
                            7/16 won last time out.
                            6/16 ran in Cheltenham Foxhunters last time out.
                            5/16 winning favourite.
                            3/16 Irish trained
                            2/16 ridden by Sam Whaley-Cohen.

Comment

What will Codd ride? Ucello Conti coming over?

Comment

Working...
                              X