Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Foxhunters

2019 Foxhunters

Attached Images Attached Images

Top Amateur
    ...I know some folk on here have already highlighted Burning Ambition for this.

I won’t let Dineur go unbacked given how well it’s run when i’ve backed it here previously. Bears Affair is interesting given recent trend of horses who finished 2nd the previous year. Greensalt and Sir Jack Yeats ran well last year and might be options.

Be good to see the first market on this race.
    Last edited by Eggs; 03-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Top Amateur
    ....early market for this forming, threw a few early darts at Sir Jack Yeats (25-1) and Dineur (36-1).

Burning Ambition and Balnaslow for me at this stage

Top Amateur
    ...I notice the trends are against horses younger than 9, not good for one of my early punts in Sir Jack Yeats.

Dineur was a big priced place horse before coming back to win this the following year and I am increasingly drawn to Greensalt. A ‘brought down’ in its last race is not ideal, but he was very nicely getting into contention at the business end when the leader fell and caused Greensalt to stumble and unseat his rider.

The horse freely continued and actually crossed the line first. Generally priced 25-1, i’ll be watching to see if he’s turning up and if that price gets bigger.
    Last edited by Eggs; 03-21-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Top Amateur
    ....the age trend is against Burning Ambition, but the money appears to have come for it looking at Oddschecker. 8-1 and 7-1 widely available in recent days, it’s now a best priced 6-1.

Was it just or was anyone else not very impressed with Burning Ambiton last time out? To me he was all out on the run in and just held on, albeit this looks a very weak Foxhunters compared to Cheltenham

Top Amateur
    ....inexperienced jockey would be a big concern (Sarah Rippon trains out of Henrietta Kinght’s yard) but Pass the Hat could be overpriced @ 40-1, course form and a convincing victory over Road to Riches last time out.
    Last edited by Eggs; 03-25-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Top Amateur
    I am sticking with Shantou flyer , Happy enough with his run at Chelt's.

Derek O'Connor booked to ride Burning Ambition