Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2000 Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    I had fancied Royal Marine originally but after his run at Newmarket this week I can’t work out if it was really poor racing tactics or he’s just no where near the standard required
    Wouldn't let the prep run put you off. If they run him in a 2000G there's likely plenty of pace on, so they will have used that run to try and teach him to settle. Hood being appplied too. Did decent work at finish.

Comment

Kev are you still very confident about Magna Grecia after the news that Ryan Moore is riding Ten Sovereigns?? I’m still undecided, Frankie was full of praise for Advertise earlier in the week??

Comment

Kev are you still very confident about Magna Grecia after the news that Ryan Moore is riding Ten Sovereigns?? I’m still undecided, Frankie was full of praise for Advertise earlier in the week??
        I wouldn't say I've ever been very confident

Donnacha O'Brien is superb as well, so not bothered - he did well enough on Saxon Warrior last year.

Yes I see Frankie is talking up his own mount... what else would he say though.... Advertise looks short to me, but then again, it isn't like you'd be scared of Magna Grecia is it...

Comment

You still going for Magna Grecia then Kev or undecided??

Comment

Madhmoon 33/1 and Set Piece 25/1 are my two bets in this. Not a race I ever get carried away with and it'll be a quiet few weeks until Royal Ascot.

Also got Madhmoon at 40/1 for the Derby so I could do with a good showing.

Comment

You still going for Magna Grecia then Kev or undecided??
              I backed him at 12/1 each way. been lucky so far as most main rivals have fallen away... I wouldn't back him at his current price

So I'll just stick with that.

Tempted to back Madhmoon for the Derby though like F_M has.

Comment

Ok cheers Kev, I hope you don’t mind me pestering you but I’ll be having a bet anyway and would rather back a horse with some substance and genuine confidence than following the media tips. I’m still swaying towards Royal Marine but only on a hunch and no real conviction so will probably back both MG & RM

Comment

No problem - I'll be waiting until the day to see what bookies offers / enhanced places are on offer.

I do like Set Piece too but missed the price that Ista and FM highlighted.

Comment

Top tipping Kev, I appreciate it, only had a point on Magna Grecia and wish I had committed more but he smashed that, he looked a machine from half way

Comment

Top tipping Kev, I appreciate it, only had a point on Magna Grecia and wish I had committed more but he smashed that, he looked a machine from half way
                      I am always happy when Donnacha rides in the big races, he is so often in the right place, and judging the pace well.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Thanks TKP.

Nice when a long term punt pays off.

I backed a couple of others on the day that ate into my profit though...

Comment

Working...
                        X