Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2000 Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Guineas

Ive had an early look at the race for this year and i just cant be with Too Darn Hot, i mean some horses just sometimes dont train on and good 2 year olds dont always make good 3 year olds. Evens is not worth the bet. I think Jash at 16/1 is a crackin EW bet, considering Ten sovereigns is fav for commonwealth cup and Aiden said last year he is unsure it will stay a mile. Crisford saif he is certain of Jash improvement at a mile.

I agree with Jash had a few quid on myself

Comment

Quite like the look of Zakouski- With Quorto and Persian King going elsewhere, it leaves him + line of duty. From quotes i think LOD is a possible for the French equivalent...

Comment

2000 Guineas

Better start discussing this.

Had a bet myself on Magna Grecia.

Too Darn Hot had a positive mention today from Gosden, although a decision on his participation won't be until after the weekend.

Magna Grecia has been cut from 12/1 to 5/1 which is pretty mad... although Persian King did the form no harm.

I'd feel I had to take Too Darn Hot on regardless now, given his prep and Godsen's relatively poor Guineas record. He is a trainer who always builds towards the end of the season

Comment

Just thrown a dart at Set Piece 50/1, 66/1 available if you are a friend of Fred.
          Done nothing wrong, open to any amount of improvement and a good show today will see that price collapse

Comment

Plenty of support for Ten Sovereigns last few hours. Bet365 the last bastion of 5s, trading half a point lower on the machine. Market suggesting that Too Darn Hot won’t be turning up

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Plenty of support for Ten Sovereigns last few hours. Bet365 the last bastion of 5s, trading half a point lower on the machine. Market suggesting that Too Darn Hot won’t be turning up
              Much happier with Magna Grecia than Ten Sovereigns.

Carravaggio and Air Force Blue both spring to mind.

Sprinter. Won't get home. (Or more reasonably, looks to be very speedy, is too short a price to take the chance on him getting the trip well enough)

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Just thrown a dart at Set Piece 50/1, 66/1 available if you are a friend of Fred.
                Done nothing wrong, open to any amount of improvement and a good show today will see that price collapse
                Set Piece also acquitted himself well, which was no surprise as he had enjoyed a workout at the track nine days ago. Trainer Hugo Palmer said: "It was a really good run for an inexperienced horse. He fluffed the start then travelled supremely well through the race.
                "He probably just needed it a bit and he'll come on an absolute ton. Frankie [Dettori] didn't even think about it and said you've got to come back here in two weeks' time. He said he'll improve at least two lengths."

That 50/1 (66/1) would be too big if he did improve 2L.

Still available at 33/1 - can't decide whether that'll be the same on the day or shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Set Piece also acquitted himself well, which was no surprise as he had enjoyed a workout at the track nine days ago. Trainer Hugo Palmer said: "It was a really good run for an inexperienced horse. He fluffed the start then travelled supremely well through the race.
                  "He probably just needed it a bit and he'll come on an absolute ton. Frankie [Dettori] didn't even think about it and said you've got to come back here in two weeks' time. He said he'll improve at least two lengths."

That 50/1 (66/1) would be too big if he did improve 2L.

Still available at 33/1 - can't decide whether that'll be the same on the day or shorter.
                  He looked like the most likely winner 1f out. If there is improvement to come he'll have a chance.

If Too Darn Hot and Persian King don't show it looks like a bet winnable race.

Comment

Odd MG is 14 on the exchange so doesn’t look like he’s coming?

Comment

Got Ten Sovereigns antepost at 7's, would like to back it up with something else as I'm not 100% convinced I'll stay a mile. Have no firm opinions on anything else - anyone got a suggestion?

Comment

I had fancied Royal Marine originally but after his run at Newmarket this week I can’t work out if it was really poor racing tactics or he’s just no where near the standard required

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          He looked like the most likely winner 1f out. If there is improvement to come he'll have a chance.

If Too Darn Hot and Persian King don't show it looks like a bet winnable race.
                          With TDH missing the race Set Piece is now 20/1 top price. I think this race might cut up further.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            With TDH missing the race Set Piece is now 20/1 top price. I think this race might cut up further.
                            Yeah.

If Persian King was running I'd have him as very much first choice.

As soon as he's confirmed he'll be slashed no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Yeah.

If Persian King was running I'd have him as very much first choice.

As soon as he's confirmed he'll be slashed no doubt
                              Staying in France for their Guineas unless there's a monsoon at Newmarket according to the trainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X