Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Topham Trophy 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    .....must be a big doubt needing 6 to come out.
    Happy to wait for decs

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      Theatre Territory one I will keep an eye on.
      Can't see how Ultragold doesn't win that battle if they meet again

Comment

...Gary Nutting selects Ballyhill:

Comment

Call it Magic ran well for a long way in the Beecher.

Comment

Cadmium an intended runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Flying Angel, Activial, Ultragold, Warriors Tale and Sub Lieutenant make up my shortlist.

Gold Present a NR so done my money on him (again).
              My main pick in this is Activial (25/1). He ran a great race in the Ultima before tiring up the hill, over a trip that was further than his optimum. His jumping is rock solid, he pinged all the fences in the Ultima and also won at Haydock in November when Hendo was complaining that the fences were too stiff. A front runner is also another positive in this.

With Ultragold and Warriors Tale taking in the National, I think Activial has an outstanding chance in this at a big price.

Comment

....Frederici interesting if it gets in.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Call it Magic ran well for a long way in the Beecher.
                  Might be Rubys ride or maybe he will be on Cadium ? Whatever he picks will shorten

Comment

Activial and Ballyhill both on my shortlist. Feel the softer the ground the better over this trip for Activial. Ballyhill well handicapped if he takes to it based on run behind Sirah du lac. Adrien du point I could easily see winning impressively, but as a hold up horse(they have dire records in this race) he is short enough in betting so reluctantly will leave for now. Janika running has scuppered Theatre Territory's chances in theory, as she'll be 6lb wrong at weights. Not impossible over these fences as liking the course can make it less important, but although I still like her as a prominent racer to run well, her price is very short given the 6lb penalty in effect. Mercian Prince and Indian Temple are 2 front runners who jumped well over fences before and are in the handicap proper, so are of interest too. But my selection is O O Seven. If you like Activial, I'd suggest you must like this one, who travelled best in the Ultima before emptying late on. His run in this in 2017 was excellent. He ran poorly last year but the ground was heavy so it is forgivable. He had a breathing op before beating Go Conquer who has franked the form since.(admittedly when O O Seven disappointed at donny). The blinkers to my mind seemed to help at Cheltenham and I expect them to remain and provide Henderson with another victory in this race. Stablemate Janika is a danger but helps keep his weight down while putting a few dangers out of the handicap which all helps too.

Comment

Old boy Highland Lodge will run another big race. Devours these fences, the more rain the better, no weight, will stay out of trouble up front, distance is perfect and at 33/1 the price is right.

Comment

....Theatre Territory not in the line up.

Comment

Adrien Du Pont @ 16/1. Doubled it with Diego today

Comment

DDC NR Now?

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Cadmium an intended runner.
                              Didn't run too badly

Some week for you guys. Congrats, Archie!

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                                Didn't run too badly

Some week for you guys. Congrats, Archie!
                                Didn't give much away did he

Comment

Working...
                                X