Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar
    ...Hills have cut their initial price for Theatre Territory but still go 20-1.

5lb Claimer
    Glen Rocco at 33s all day for me been laid out for this race since the start of the season - each way hits the frame

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    If only I knew that Ultragold was a certain runner in this. He would take some beating as he absolutely loves the place and it would be nice to see him try and emulate Always Waining by winning this 3 times on the bounce.
    He has made the National 40 already and will run there according to Tizzard interview pre-Cheltenham. I have backed him for the longer race but not certain he will stay the trip.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    He has made the National 40 already and will run there according to Tizzard interview pre-Cheltenham. I have backed him for the longer race but not certain he will stay the trip.
    JT has since said they'll look at the entries and may still go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    JT has since said they'll look at the entries and may still go here.
    Has to be backed if he runs here imo

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim)
    Nicky Henderson the first port of call in this race. If Janika/Beware The Bear/Valtor runs there will be plenty out of the weights, so i suspect one of them will.This would help Gold Present and O O Seven to run off nice weights too. This would be bad news for Touch Kick and Theatre Territory, two i like down the bottom of the weights.

Current short(ish)list.
    Gold Present
    O O Seven
    Warriors Tale
    Mercian Prince
    Ultragold(Favourite if it runs but guessing at moment)
    Romain De Senam
    Indian Temple

Most of these prefer better ground so softer ground would be a worry.

I'd be delighted if one of Nicky's top weights is declared.

Barry G booked to ride Peregrine Run at Thurles. No McManus runner in entries. He has a very good record in this race.

20/1 ew added.

Fahey said: "Peregrine Run is in good form. He will have a run over hurdles at Thurles this weekend and that will hopefully leave him spot on for Aintree.

"We had a good time of it with him in the earlier in the season. We wanted to give him a winter break, but with the way things worked out with the ground over here, we probably ended up giving him a break at the wrong time.

"The last time he ran in handicap, I thought he was very impressive at Killarney. I am looking forward to getting him back in a handicap - he is a quick, accurate jumper and I think the Topham will suit provided the ground is in his favour."

There has been no Irish-trained winner of the Topham since Cregg House in 2005, but that could be remedied this year, with an 11-strong team from Ireland.

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar
    I’ll be backing Flying Angel if he runs, he has very Form at Aintree and ran well in the Ultima, 5-6 lengths off the winner and closing in. He’s currently 25’s Antepost so waiting for the race to be NRNB

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim)
    Henderson conceding title as saying v unlikely to have runner in National. I read that as Valtor likely to run here as top weight(Wouldn't have entered here if horse was injured so assuming this is now the plan over the National?). Janika is favourite but must be a doubt to run as Jacob said he is too high to run in handicaps any more, while moaning about his treatment by the handicapper.

That would make 134 Bottom weight with 10st. Worth bearing in mind if you like(as i do) Touch Kick or Theatre Territory. Also big negative for Shanahans Turns who wont be able to take advantage of a plummeting mark.

Of course i could be wrong...