Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Restricted Acconts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted Acconts

Hi All.

Been reading this forum for sometime now and decided to register over the weekend.

I have noted how mnay people are seemingly spoilt for choice in their betting accounts but over the years mine have become heavily restricted and I usually end up closing them just to stop them spamming with t/cs updates.

What have others found with avoiding restrictions or do they use friends and family to overcome this problem.

Really hoping you’re not a bookmakers rep...

Comment

Probably one for the general betting forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          No mate, been betting for most of my 70 odd years, I got on fairly easy when I got started with the street bookie, then did the longest apprenticeship on record when the betting shops came along, my only problem then was begging betting shop managers to let me have a score on without the dreaded call to head office.
          Racetracks and dogtracks I did my cods without fail.

Then i had illegal taxfree bookies chasing my business and offering any firms current odds and then the penny started to drop and i used to use them only when i had a real fancy and slowly cut out loads of impulsive betting until they told me to do one and forget the number.
          Then discovered Oddschecker after learning about online and i was back in the game with multi choice, loads of accounts but being an odds tart the alarm bells began to chime and back down to my remaining three accounts.
          I will never go back to betting shops and when the remaining three go i will cease betting, I often go racing without having a bet because I have learned that the more you bet the more you lose and to be selective, most of my bets are ante post to gain the value.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Probably one for the general betting forum.
            Sorry mate just learning my way around, if I'm in the wrong room just guide me to where i need to be, i'm not easily offended so any advise is valued.

Comment

Redbridge

Ultimately you will always get restricted if you are successful, virtually impossible to avoid, the only saving grace that might appear is the FOBT stake restrictions could force bookmakers to start behaving like bookmakers again and actually take a decent bet, and if the online only bookmakers see business drift away to High St bookmakers it may create a shake up, but there’s only a small chance that happens.
              Exchanges the only guaranteed way of getting on and they’re not structured to provide the options/specials/multis that are available elsewhere.
              A sad progression of the industry for me...

Comment

Working...
              X