Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Forum Yankee - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham 2020 - Forum Yankee - March

Paisley Park - 4/1 for the Stayers Hurdle
    Tiger Roll - 5/2 for the Cross Country
    Altior - 3/1 for the Champion Chase
    Samcro - 16/1 for the JLT
    Klassical Dream - 16/1 for the Arkle

They’re my five early suggestions.

Any others?
    Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 18 March 2019, 02:51 PM.

Buveur D’Air, will only be going to the champion hurdle and connections out to prove their confidence for this years race was not misplaced, I’ve sen some 7/1...

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      Klassical Dream - 16/1 for the Supreme

Any others?
      An unprecedented double!

Quite like Cilaos Emery or Le Richebourg for the QMCC at 20/1 e/w

Delta Work is as big as 33/1 for the GC, give no he lost his length being squeezed at the last of day he’s much too big aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        An unprecedented double!

Quite like Cilaos Emery or Le Richebourg for the QMCC at 20/1 e/w

Delta Work is as big as 33/1 for the GC, give no he lost his length being squeezed at the last of day he’s much too big aswell
        Ha - edited that now.

Comment

Allaho 20/1 rsa
          Also has anyone seen any prices for douvan for next year? He'll still be only 10 year old

Comment

Where's KLASSICAL DREAM 16/1 for the arkle?

Comment

A Plus Tard in the Ryanair 20-1

Comment

Buveur D'air in the champion would be my selection at 8/1. Still only 9 at next year's festival, he isn't over the hill yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Buveur D’Air, will only be going to the champion hurdle and connections out to prove their confidence for this years race was not misplaced, I’ve sen some 7/1...
                  More 5 year olds have won the CH than 9 year olds ....

Heard that on RP today

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Buveur D'air in the champion would be my selection at 8/1. Still only 9 at next year's festival, he isn't over the hill yet.
                    More 5 year olds have won the CH than 9 year olds ....

We KNOW how rubbish the 5yo's are.

Living in the past you two

Espoir D'allen would get my vote over Buveur D'old

Comment

Also, there is ONLY Katchit as a 5yo winner of the CH that DIDN'T go on to be a multiple winner.

Doesn't always pay to go beyond the obvious

Comment

Altior isn't a good bet IMO at 3/1 when we aren't CERTAIN about the target.

I understand why it's likely he goes for a 3rd CH, but he's not going to have an 'ideal' 2 mile chaser prep for it next year, 3/1 isn't good value.

Comment

Defi Du Seuil doesn't have a whole lot of negatives.

Double figure price (10/1) - the obvious target. The target the trainer mentioned.

Two time festival winner (notably on the 'new' course)

Frodon to beat... pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Altior isn't a good bet IMO at 3/1 when we aren't CERTAIN about the target.

I understand why it's likely he goes for a 3rd CH, but he's not going to have an 'ideal' 2 mile chaser prep for it next year, 3/1 isn't good value.
                            Altior isn’t giving up a third championship for a Ryanair and whilst I have always been a huge fan of the horse even I can’t make a case for a Gold Cup tilt, so if he’s fit and well come March 2020 I can only see him heading for one race

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              Altior isn’t giving up a third championship for a Ryanair and whilst I have always been a huge fan of the horse even I can’t make a case for a Gold Cup tilt, so if he’s fit and well come March 2020 I can only see him heading for one race
                              I know he isn't going for the Ryanair...

but if wins the King George, do they rule out a Gold Cup?

If he doesn't wina King George, he looks a helluva lot more vulnerable than he did before he ran?

You can't make a case for a Gold Cup tilt? You cannot make a case?
                              He's being aimed at the King George Ista. It's hardly a leap of faith is it.... if he wins that like the stayer we all think he is, then it surely becomes an option?

Comment

Working...
                              X