Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Forum Yankee - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness Next Destination’s collateral form isn’t that solid in being beaten by Samcro & Black Flop in the Ballymore and in seeing off Delta Work & Kilbricken Storm in the Punchestown Stayers Novice Hurdle.

He does however remind me of Killultagh Vic who showed progression from a bumper place to Martin Pipe win & showed his potential at Punchestown...

Where I’m convinced Carefully Selected will highlight himself as the standout nominee for the upcoming staying chase hopefuls for 2020.
    Last edited by SeanRock; 22 March 2019, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
      Minella Indo is 100% a great selection for the RSA next season based on his Albert Bartlett run last week! He won despite pulling like a steamtrain! I just think it might be worthwhile sidestepping the AB form from a long term view point! Allaho isn’t Willie’s current best staying novice for my money!
      100% agree. Paul Kealy said something at betfair preview about unfancied horses winning continuing to be underated on their next run. Minella Indo definitely fall into that category.

Previous runs put in perspective below ..

"Barry [Maloney, owner] said to me before the race, 'How come Allaho is 8-1 and we're 50-1?" the trainer added.

Although there was no doubting the winner's tenacity on the run to the line, the six-year-old gelding has taken some knowing, as De Bromhead explained: "He was disappointing at Limerick the first day over hurdles but he codded me completely. He's a chancer at home and I didn't know him well enough and hadn't got enough work into him.

"Then he ran really well at Clonmel. We had to do all the donkey work that day and felt we'd take the chance in this if we got in, as it would be a more strongly run race. He's really tough and a dour stayer."

Owner Maloney came close to victory in the Albert Bartlett in 2017 when Monalee was second to Penhill, and De Bromhead was delighted to deliver a big win for his long-standing patron.

"They've been brilliant supporters of us; it's our first winner together here and it's fantastic," the trainer said. "Barry was part of a syndicate of college friends when I was assisting my father in 1999 and he's been with me ever since."

The RSA is Minella Indo's natural target for next season, but he will not be put away just yet, with the Punchestown festival a likely destination.

Comment

Ended up having to take a stab at this off the posts already made rather than some late discussions deciding the first yankee of the year. Gone with who seemed to have the most support on the thread.

March Yankee:
        Espoir D’Allen @ 5/1 for the Champion Hurdle
        Envoi Allen @ 12/1 for the Ballymore
        Minella Indo @ 20/1 for the RSA
        Defi De Seuill @ 10/1 for the Ryanair

Best price - 18017/1
        Bookmaker - William Hill
        Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 2 April 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Might be worth including the races mate

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            Might be worth including the races mate
            Cheers for that - I hadn’t realsied

Comment

Well I'm glad we went for Minella Indo over Next Destination

A fun read back...

11 months to go

Comment

Working...