Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Post Cheltenham blues ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Cheltenham blues ........

First day back after last week and the inevitable post Cheltenham blues have hit me, big time. I am sure lots feel the same way.

I find myself at a loss as to what to do, less so because the week has ended, but more so with my time on a day to day basis, which was predominately spent thinking about and planning Cheltenham. Plenty of people on here who invest more time than me will attest to that!

What I have realized in creating this thread is that I love and miss the build up to Cheltenham, almost as much as the week itself. When you look at it from that perspective, we don't have a year to wait at all! Come September/October the season will be underway, the forum will be busy with pre-Cheltenham chatter and the ante post slips will be starting to fly. 5 months will be gone in no time, and we still have Aintree, Punchestown and Fairyhouse to look forward to in the meantime.

See you then

I think Punchestown is going to be an amazing festival this year

Trainers championship being sewn up will help avoid the farcical entries from last year aswell

Comment

Cheltenham gets a lot of us through the dark winter days.

Aintree should be about more than the national imo and lots of good racing to be had there. 2 weeks and 4 days to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        Aintree should be about more than the national imo and lots of good racing to be had there. 2 weeks and 4 days to go.
        Altior in the Melling Chase for one!

Comment

I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoy Aintree just as much.

It might take me all 2 weeks and 4 days to recover.

Comment

Charlie is right for me, the build up is as enjoyable as the week...

Comment

What's this forum like for the 2 remaining festivals?

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                What's this forum like for the 2 remaining festivals?
                Quiet...

Comment

The first day of the Aintree meeting is brilliant racing, always go to that

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    The first day of the Aintree meeting is brilliant racing, always go to that
                    ....my tickets arrived this morning, usually a great card.

Comment

Agree with Charlie, the buildup to the festival is great.

The previews, the analysis of every single race, the handicap weights announcements, the entries, the declarations and then finally that Monday before racing begins. It’s all just brilliant. That last day before Cheltenham is one of my favourite days of the year tbh. Cheltenham Tuesday IS my favourite day of the year.

Still.. we need to keep this forum active over the summer like last year (the forum monthly yankees helped) to keep the Cheltenham chat alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        Agree with Charlie, the buildup to the festival is great.

The previews, the analysis of every single race, the handicap weights announcements, the entries, the declarations and then finally that Monday before racing begins. It’s all just brilliant. That last day before Cheltenham is one of my favourite days of the year tbh. Cheltenham Tuesday IS my favourite day of the year.

Still.. we need to keep this forum active over the summer like last year (the forum monthly yankees helped) to keep the Cheltenham chat alive.
                        Don't worry MOM, we will be on here all summer. We could try a few new threads around owners purchases, french juvenile form, who's bought what etc. I know not much will be happening but there may be significant purchases or things that may bear fruit for later on once the season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Don't worry MOM, we will be on here all summer. We could try a few new threads around owners purchases, french juvenile form, who's bought what etc. I know not much will be happening but there may be significant purchases or things that may bear fruit for later on once the season starts.
                          Absolutely agree with that.

I’ll certainly be around over the summer. The only two festivals on the flat I tend to study hard is Ascot and York (and a little bit for Goodwood). But it’s just not the same as Cheltenham. There’s only one Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

I like those ideas Charlie + MOM. For all i enjoy the flat stuff very much as well.

Comment

The quality of the GN festival has improved so much over the last few years I don't really get post Cheltenham blues. In fact I'd go as far as say I don't feel it at all until the old Whitbread has been run. Though that's partly I guess because I have zero interest in flat racing.

The buzz doesn't really return for me until the build up to the Hennessy.

Comment

Working...
                              X