Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Aintree Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical WPM. Hopefully no one got too badly burnt on BDD. She was cut across the board yesterday and then less than 24 hours later she's a NR.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Typical WPM. Hopefully no one got too badly burnt on BDD. She was cut across the board yesterday and then less than 24 hours later she's a NR.
      He did specifically say that they were concerned about the ground for BDD.

Comment

This track should suit Verdana Blue imo.

Comment

Cant help myself - have had a tickle at Faugheen at 7s

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            He did specifically say that they were concerned about the ground for BDD.
            He did Archie and was the reason I had a smaller bet than I otherwise would have done, no complaints from me

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              He did Archie and was the reason I had a smaller bet than I otherwise would have done, no complaints from me
              Did BDD NRNB with Laddies so going in for another try on Faugheen. Thought he ran a super race in Stayers and reckon this intermediate distance and the flat track will suit him. Nice price to. Can see him being bet on the day as always.

Comment

....11yo with no course form at Aintree is against the trends for Faugheen but I guess trends are there to be broken;

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                  Did BDD NRNB with Laddies so going in for another try on Faugheen. Thought he ran a super race in Stayers and reckon this intermediate distance and the flat track will suit him. Nice price to. Can see him being bet on the day as always.
                  I didn't realise there was NRNB available on the supporting races. Was it just this race, or all Aintree races?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I didn't realise there was NRNB available on the supporting races. Was it just this race, or all Aintree races?
                    Laddies had it on all those quoted in shops. Not sure online.

Comment

Get the feeling Faugheen is going to roll back the years today. Walsh will lead all the way and run them into the ground. The rain will suit him more so than BD especially over the 2 1/2 miles. 2 miles on Soft is ideal for BD but over this distance in tiring ground with a strong pace set by the machine could be too much for him. I'm beginning to think Faugheen is a 'good thing'. Really looking forward to the race.

Comment

Look I've been backing Faugheen with no basis for years, I'm certainly not going to stop today

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          Get the feeling Faugheen is going to roll back the years today. Walsh will lead all the way and run them into the ground. The rain will suit him more so than BD especially over the 2 1/2 miles. 2 miles on Soft is ideal for BD but over this distance in tiring ground with a strong pace set by the machine could be too much for him. I'm beginning to think Faugheen is a 'good thing'. Really looking forward to the race.
                          He wasn't even the first choice in those colours a few days ago

7 runners now is disappointing. Makes it very hard to have a decent bet each way.

So Buveur D'air it is

Comment

You can get 7/2 3 places Faugheen ae/w at 1/4

Which does appeal

#flipflop

Hope he's okay !
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 4 April 2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Supasundae is like Oscar Whiskey; that’s his absolute ideal trip but has to make do at all sorts of distances elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                                Supasundae is like Oscar Whiskey; that’s his absolute ideal trip but has to make do at all sorts of distances elsewhere
                                Let's celebrate this race then.,... or we'll end up with a 'Ryanair' Hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                                X