Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Melling Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Melling Chase

Love to see Altior have a crack at this.

Dont think Hendo wants to win the trainers championship as much as Nicholls and will be wary of taking in too many festivals after his Sprinter Sacre troubles but ....

A personal view is that the BHA miss a trick by not having early entry for these races so there is more continuity of interest between Cheltenham and Aintree. There isnt an antepost market anywhere.

Comment

I think that everyone needs a week off. Entries for the G1s are next week when the big trainers will be back down on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        I think that everyone needs a week off. Entries for the G1s are next week when the big trainers will be back down on the ground.
        I can understand that too. Better do some proper work this week.

Comment

I thought Altior should have stepped up to the Melling Chase last year and definetly think he should do this year.

Would think others will have a crack at him too as he seemed more than ever to be beatable (even though he went away at the end)

Comment

....the Irish trainers will have their eyes on Punchestown.

Comment

Nicholls

"Cyrname will definitely run again and he worked this morning. We've got to make a plan for him, but he could go to Aintree for the Melling if Politologue maybe didn't go, or he could take on Altior over two miles in the Celebration Chase at Sandown if we wanted to," Nicholls added on Saturday.

"There are lots of plans in the air without anything being set in stone. We've lots to run though and Christopher Wood and Southfield Stone will run in Grade 1s at Aintree after being left out of Cheltenham. It's a nice position to be in from being the underdog, I suppose."

Altior Vs Cyrname - yes please

Comment

More Nicholls

Politologue's two options are Aintree or Sandown, but he won at Aintree last year and the Melling Chase would be a nice race to go for. I was so proud of him in the Champion Chase. He ran a career-best without a shadow of a doubt. We changed tactics and did a few different things, which I thought worked, so we were thrilled.

"Frodon could run in the Melling with Politologue, but he's won four races this season and run five times, so he might not run again. He's fine and cantered this morning; he always comes out squealing and fresh and well, but he puts a lot into his races."

Comment

Backed cyrname for this with pp 15-1 ltd stakes but may run here and odds way too big.
                  Likely non runner I imagine but article today is encouraging and if Altior runs they may run this fella and let politilogue go to Sandown or punches

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Backed cyrname for this with pp 15-1 ltd stakes but may run here and odds way too big.
                    Likely non runner I imagine but article today is encouraging and if Altior runs they may run this fella and let politilogue go to Sandown or punches
                    didnt last long
                    4-1 now
                    hope it runs, will be good race.

Comment

Altior not running according to Hendo

Comment

Really disappointing that, was really looking forward to seeing him up in trip

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Really disappointing that, was really looking forward to seeing him up in trip
                          It'll be interesting to see what he says in his blog. He was a tired horse after the Champion Chase so I wonder if that is it for the season.

Hopefully all is well with Santini and they aim him at the Ladbrokes Trophy next season.

Comment

Can someone explain the fascination in sending Altior up in trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              It'll be interesting to see what he says in his blog. He was a tired horse after the Champion Chase so I wonder if that is it for the season.

Hopefully all is well with Santini and they aim him at the Ladbrokes Trophy next season.
                              Altior going to Sandown last day of season apparently

Comment

Working...
                              X