Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cheltenham losers to follow

Scooby mention Pic on triumph thread.

Lost in translation ran a cracker and my idea of next years Gold Cup winner at this stage.

Dickie Diver another one who added to his reputation in defeat imo.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Vic View Post

Lost in translation ran a cracker and my idea of next years Gold Cup winner at this stage.

Dickie Diver was enormous, couldn't get over the size of him.

Top Amateur
    Cartwright was eye catching in the Martin Pipe. He lost a load of ground at the start and ran on strongly.

Top Amateur
    Aramon back on good ground will be one to follow for sure

Also surely Winter Escape one to follow when back from injury? Put A Plus Tard away with the minimum of fuss carrying a stone more
    Last edited by darlojim; 03-17-2019 at 06:42 AM. Reason: added Winter escape

Top Amateur
    Stand Up And Fight was just schooled round for experience. Would of learnt plenty for the coming seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Vic View Post

Got to agree with Lostintranslation, he put in a brilliant display of jumping in what was one of the best races of the week, I was thinking he might be ideal for Kempton, speedy frontrunner and should see out 3m well.

The RSA i'm convinced will be looked back upon as one of the best ever and one for the ages. Any of the top 3 could go on to win next years Gold Cup and will be what I build next years GC around, it'll take a lot to make me look elsewhere. 3 Absolute monsters who served up a treat.

Mister Malarky was beaten 16 lengths in 4th but based on the level of the top 3 that was a fine run in itself and I can easily see MM following the same path as Native River and Elegant Escape as a 6 year old who goes onto target the likes of the Ladbroke / Welsh National etc

3lb Claimer
    Felix Desjy , traveled superbly before fading quicker than the Annimix hype . Just not sure wether he lacks the turn of foot for the minimum trip and prefers cruising in smaller fields .

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Stand Up And Fight was just schooled round for experience. Would of learnt plenty for the coming seasons...
    I’m glad someone else agrees.... wasn’t there to win and surely the stewards should have had dereck in?! Disgraceful