Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham losers to follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Work is my idea of the Gold Cup winner. Thought he travelled superbly and was beat by older horses.

We should be looking out for these 6 year old novice chasers next year if this season is anything to go by.

Al Boum Photo, Kemboy & Elegant Escape all ran as 6 year olds last year the improvement has been very noticeable.

The year before you had Top Notch, Politologue, Balko Des Flos all behind Yorkhill in JLT.

Year before that Sizing John, Fox Norton behind Douvan.

Comment

Didnt know Thomas Darby had finished lame.

Presenting Percy and Blue Sari were also lame post race.

Comment

At first glance (will spend a lot longer some night going through this)

Sam's Profile- a bad jump cost him finishing closer
        Bright Forecast- doesn't need much explaining
        Canardier- ground against him + ran a stormer
        Cracking Smart- probably needs a fence, but that run was decent, travelled too well like a lot of giggys and hit the front far too early.
        Vintage Clouds

Comment

....a list from ATR;

James Flaherty is back with another six eyecatchers for your ATR Tracker in a column keeping both Flat and National Hunt fans happy.

Comment

The few i took out from cheltenham were Bapaume, Cartwright, Marracudja, Mengli Khan & Thyme Hill.

Comment

Champ - should chasing help him to settle, he should be very competitive stepped up in trip again.

Delta Work - probably the least favoured with the run of the race in the last half mile (first to commit, bit squeezed jumping last, intimidated a little maybe, and then switched) he's a year younger than the other two and a little smaller, but double the prices at the minute.

Dallas Des Pictons & Commander of Fleet & Vision D'honneur & Battleoverdoyen - are all clearly chasers and will only improve for a fence.
              One or two of these Will make Samcro look like an also ran.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                Champ - should chasing help him to settle, he should be very competitive stepped up in trip again.

Delta Work - probably the least favoured with the run of the race in the last half mile (first to commit, bit squeezed jumping last, intimidated a little maybe, and then switched) he's a year younger than the other two and a little smaller, but double the prices at the minute.

Dallas Des Pictons & Commander of Fleet & Vision D'honneur & Battleoverdoyen - are all clearly chasers and will only improve for a fence.
                One or two of these Will make Samcro look like an also ran.
                Tend to agree , Re D.D.P , and C.O.F , Quevega . I'm a Bit Luke warm on Samcro at the moment,
                They SHOULD have gone chasing this year . i.m.o . , Obviously the Lung infection didn't help.

Comment

I very rarely bet in handicaps but being as there was late money for Cartwright in the Martin Pipe I noted the starter did him no favours from the standing start and in the circumstances he ran a massive race in my view.

Comment

Brewin’upastorm confirmed as chasing next year

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Brewin’upastorm confirmed as chasing next year
                      Potential Arkle horse for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Potential Arkle horse for next season.
                        Far too slow surely ?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                          Far too slow surely ?
                          Far from it in my opinion. Travelled like a dream in the Ballymore but didn't see out the trip. He isn't priced up for the Arkle but he's one I like with that race in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                            RUK did an Enda Bloger feature a couple of weeks ago and the main thing I took out of it was that he said SUAF was only 7 and anything he did this year would help for future festivals. At that point I felt he wasn't there to be, let's say, ridden aggressively.
                            Skybet 12/1.

My first free bet double is with Topofthegame.

If you vultures can leave it alone, I’ll follow on with Espoir D’Allen next week

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              Delta Work is my idea of the Gold Cup winner. Thought he travelled superbly and was beat by older horses.

We should be looking out for these 6 year old novice chasers next year if this season is anything to go by.

Al Boum Photo, Kemboy & Elegant Escape all ran as 6 year olds last year the improvement has been very noticeable.

The year before you had Top Notch, Politologue, Balko Des Flos all behind Yorkhill in JLT.

Year before that Sizing John, Fox Norton behind Douvan.
                              Could not agree more Folski.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                                The few i took out from cheltenham were Bapaume, Cartwright, Marracudja, Mengli Khan & Thyme Hill.
                                Looking forward to seeing Thyme hill , had a stab already for the ballymore hurdle @33-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X