Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Up or down?

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    1) Are you up or down?
    I've been going to Cheltenham for 22 years and never had a year like this, and probably never will again! Don't want to sound like a smart arse, but I'm hugely up. More than I could have ever dreamed of.

2) What was your highlight racing wise?
    Loved seeing Paul Nichols have a couple of winners, and boy did he enjoy them! Thought the RSA was my favourite race of the week and they look 3 very good horses for the future.

3) What was your lowlight racing wise?
    Like most others, Sir Erec was very tough to watch and only half watched the rest of the race. Thought Joseph handled the whole situation exceptionally well.

4) What was your highlight betting wise? Best race?
    I'm going to sound like a smart arse again, but too many to mention. Early Doors and Band of Outlaws were my two handicap bets of the week and the ones Id given to all the people who come out of the woodwork Cheltenham week to ask for tips, and its always to nice to give a winner out. I always do an ew yankee the week before Chelts of my main fancy each day and luckily enough chose Klassical Dream, Band Of Outlaws, Sire Du Berlais and Early Doors. I didn't half cheer Early Doors home in the last!!

5) What was your lowlight betting wise?
    Probably the Triumph. I had a lot staked on the race and didnt recoup a single penny. I also saw that the first note Id made when I got home last year was don't bother with the Triumph antepost. Hope I can learn this year! Also the Foxhunters. Not a race I pay that much attention to, but after the race I looked at Hazel Hill's form and wondered how on earth Id missed him.

6) Anything you wish you'd done differently?
    Hard to have too many regrets with the way its finished. Probably the Triumph as above.

Just cant wait to do it all again next year now!!
    Fantastic CCM, well done.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    1) Are you up or down?
    I've been going to Cheltenham for 22 years and never had a year like this, and probably never will again! Don't want to sound like a smart arse, but I'm hugely up. More than I could have ever dreamed of.

2) What was your highlight racing wise?
    Loved seeing Paul Nichols have a couple of winners, and boy did he enjoy them! Thought the RSA was my favourite race of the week and they look 3 very good horses for the future.

3) What was your lowlight racing wise?
    Like most others, Sir Erec was very tough to watch and only half watched the rest of the race. Thought Joseph handled the whole situation exceptionally well.

4) What was your highlight betting wise? Best race?
    I'm going to sound like a smart arse again, but too many to mention. Early Doors and Band of Outlaws were my two handicap bets of the week and the ones Id given to all the people who come out of the woodwork Cheltenham week to ask for tips, and its always to nice to give a winner out. I always do an ew yankee the week before Chelts of my main fancy each day and luckily enough chose Klassical Dream, Band Of Outlaws, Sire Du Berlais and Early Doors. I didn't half cheer Early Doors home in the last!!

5) What was your lowlight betting wise?
    Probably the Triumph. I had a lot staked on the race and didnt recoup a single penny. I also saw that the first note Id made when I got home last year was don't bother with the Triumph antepost. Hope I can learn this year! Also the Foxhunters. Not a race I pay that much attention to, but after the race I looked at Hazel Hill's form and wondered how on earth Id missed him.

6) Anything you wish you'd done differently?
    Hard to have too many regrets with the way its finished. Probably the Triumph as above.

Just cant wait to do it all again next year now!!
    Brilliant!!,, Well Done C.C.M. !!, I had Klassical Dream , Sire du Berlais and Early doors ,
    But Not together in a Multi , Top Punting.

I had a terrible Cheltenham, really horrific, but it's only cash and I'll bounce back.

What really had an effect on me was the fatal injury to Sir Erec, can't really say why as I've seen leg breaks before having followed NH racing for nearly 50 years. I hadn't even backed it so it's not my pocket talking, but I was genuinely close to tears watching the race.

Think I might be going through the male menopause

Top Amateur
    I had a decent Cheltenham, aided by a few good anteposts. Probably not as good as it could've been with 1 or 2 not winning that i fancied most. Up on the week, and just trying to think on how to improve it for next year- i think my antepost bet stakes is something i need to focus on.

Staking is a complex thing, and i know a lot follow different methods and some follow nothing at all!

I try to stick to level stakes when betting daily, however, with this being my first year of heavily focusing on anteposts, i lowered my level stake for my anteposts to a quarter of a point.

Do many lower their stakes for antepost given the risks attached?

Top Amateur
    I need to learn about laying horses and understanding how the exchanges work as a number of favourites I thought were going to lose this year did.