Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Yes
    Got to a point where I'm not comfortable risking when I have dependants now. I took a calculated risk this year which luckily paid off. But people around me personally (other than my Mrs,) would think I'm absolutely nuts if they'd seen the ammount of money I'd been betting, regardless of the returns. I won't risk losing more than 10% of that now.

I will likely place some selective lower stakes bets for chelt next year post Christmas. Which I'll obviously hope to make a profit on. but as much for entertainment purposes.
    Nothing beats backing a winner at chelt regardless of the stake.
    ....absolutely the right approach. I’m chuffed you have priorities in life. Racing as a pastime is great fun, and i’m sure you’ll enjoy bringing those stakes down and having a little interest. Stick to the limits you set, and enjoy looking after those ‘dependents’.

Hope you still Post and share with us with the analysis and knowledge you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Yes
      Got to a point where I'm not comfortable risking when I have dependants now. I took a calculated risk this year which luckily paid off. But people around me personally (other than my Mrs,) would think I'm absolutely nuts if they'd seen the ammount of money I'd been betting, regardless of the returns. I won't risk losing more than 10% of that now.

I will likely place some selective lower stakes bets for chelt next year post Christmas. Which I'll obviously hope to make a profit on. but as much for entertainment purposes.
      Nothing beats backing a winner at chelt regardless of the stake.
      Congratulations on your ‘life changing’ returns and I hope you and your family enjoy it. If you’re still having to get up in the night you can still delve into the French form book Good luck

Comment

Fair play Scooby; your knowledge would certainly be missed on here specially of the juvenile/novice hurdlers

Comment

Added the DDS Ryanair and LIT gold cup double

Comment

Scooby well done and thanks for your generous contributions here.

Comment

Bring back Scooby!!

Comment

The big man asks the great man all the important questions ahead of Cheltenham 2019...

the interesting bit is at 0.45

Comment

Not Cheltenham but WH are 14-1 Santini for the Hennessy..... that’s a very big price

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                    Not Cheltenham but WH are 14-1 Santini for the Hennessy..... that’s a very big price
                    That is an exceptional price. Thanks for highlighting.

Comment

Should be a 7-1 poke for me...

Comment

Skybet have the any race market already..

Comment

I want Lostintranslation for the Hennesey. Can't see anyone pricing the race though.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            That is an exceptional price. Thanks for highlighting.
                            Has it been nominated as a target?

(Not seen much)

Comment

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
                              Skybet have the any race market already..

Just in time for the first free bet of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                Just in time for the first free bet of the year!
                                Haha, fairplay, what you gone for?

Comment

Working...
                                X