Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    I could see myself getting close to backing Min actually in the Ryanair at 12/1 at some point during the long summer days...

and I'll have Paisley Park in a multiple at 7/2 at some point probably

and Kemboy at 10/1 just to put the jonah on for you archie

Top Amateur
    There is a point in backing horses before Sandown or Punchestown but after that, keep your powder dry until your fancy has an entry.

It's particularly a rookie error to back a horse because the trainer says it's come in from the field looking magnificent (see Jessie re: Our Duke and Sizing John). If a horse has done that well out at grass it will take that much longer to get it to racing condition.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    It's actually more a comment anti to those who spent the better part of the season calculating how Nicky was going to carve up the novice hurdles between Angels Breath, Mr Fisher, Champ, Birchdale, Dicky Diver etc etc.

Nicky is unfortunate that expectations are usually unfairly high. The same can be said of Mullins, Elliott and, this season, Nicholls.

All I'm saying is that this time last year, people were saying that Santini was a good thing for the RSA based on a fair run in the AB. Most people would accept that Champ's hurdle form is better than Santini's and he must be on the shortlist for next season. The rest have a lot to prove.

Santini was vastly more inexperienced than Champ ever was.

7 runs to Santini's 3 (including a ptp).

Top Amateur
    Champ will be 8 next year

For reference so will Kemboy!

Would really question how much he will improve and also how many will improve past him?

Top Amateur
    Not sure what thread to post this on but is anyone showing an interest in tomorrow’s card at Cheltenham?
    I’m backing a few that failed to fire at this year’s festival and a few horses on the upgrade. I fancy Hendo having a decent day

Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    Not sure what thread to post this on but is anyone showing an interest in tomorrow’s card at Cheltenham?
    I’m backing a few that failed to fire at this year’s festival and a few horses on the upgrade. I fancy Hendo having a decent day
    I took some 4/1 for Mister Whittaker.

Very tempted to have some of that 7/4 about Dingo Dollar as well

Chance taken Highway One o One, but only small as this isn't a meeting I place too much faith in form holding up

Dingo Dollar 9/4 Sky/365

Top Amateur
    I’ve put 2 Lucky 31’s combining Fergal O’Briens and Nicky Henderson horses. I’m intrigued by Wenyerreadyfreddies first run at Cheltenham and Rather Be back over hurdles.

Had a 5 free bet to use so have put on a comically speculative 400/1 double of Le Richebourg & Delta Work. Equally, I think there are worse 400/1 shots out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I took some 4/1 for Mister Whittaker.

Very tempted to have some of that 7/4 about Dingo Dollar as well
    Oi oi Mister Whittaker in ya go