Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    D’lauro has hacked up there in the last at Punchestown, was quite short odds for a lot of races last september.

Have had 0.5U at the boosted 17.5/1 any race with Hills after watching him come round the bend
    Came in to post the same thing. Impressive.

Comment

• Just by chance I flicked over the TV and watched the last race of the evening at Punchestown. Dlauro won effortlessly and could be a smart prospect for next season. Very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
        Came in to post the same thing. Impressive.
        So did i

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          D’lauro has hacked up there in the last at Punchestown, was quite short odds for a lot of races last september.

Have had 0.5U at the boosted 17.5/1 any race with Hills after watching him come round the bend
          Wish I'd gone to back him before writing on here, missed the 17/1 by a nanosecond.

Comment

• So much for not backing a novice Hurdler before the season starts, 2.5 points win Dlauro 33/1 for the Ballymore with 365. Impressive in winning today as the guys above mention I've revisited last season's One Jump Ahead where he appears as one of the 40 to follow and it's hard not to be take by his previous trainers comments:

"This is a proper horse. He's very exciting and has always pleased us. He is a super jumper; he's one of the nicest horses we've ever had"

So we know he can jump and this from a trainer who has started the careers of Holywell, The World's End and Topofthegame to name but few. He does look like he'll be versatile over a trip so those on 17s any race well played. As I've missed that I'm reverting to my trusted cash out friends at 365 whose 33/1 is some way bigger than the 14s on offer with PP/BFSB. I will also back him with the same firm when they put up a price for the Supreme, hopefully at least 25s. I won't back him for the AB as rarely get properly involved in that race.

Comment

• I’ve had a point each way for the Ballymore.

I’m almost disappointed in myself. A bet on a novice hurdle before the season has even started. Shocking.

Comment

• He was very impressive; either the stable must have thought he wasn’t ready or Emmet Mullins must have thought he had a machine, the pre race flip flop of favourites was a proper punt
                As for this lad I’m waiting to see what price Hills make him for the Ballymore, anything half decent and him and Envoi Allen will do for me at this stage

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  He was very impressive; either the stable must have thought he wasn’t ready or Emmet Mullins must have thought he had a machine, the pre race flip flop of favourites was a proper punt
                  As for this lad I’m waiting to see what price Hills make him for the Ballymore, anything half decent and him and Envoi Allen will do for me at this stage
                  Bearing in mind they’ve had to cut him in their any race market I’ll be very surprised if WH (or any other bookie for that matter) offer bigger price than the 33s on offer with 365. The cash out is key for me if not backing any race when it’s difficult to know at this stage what trip he’ll be aimed at

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                    So much for not backing a novice Hurdler before the season starts, 2.5 points win Dlauro 33/1 for the Ballymore with 365. Impressive in winning today as the guys above mention I've revisited last season's One Jump Ahead where he appears as one of the 40 to follow and it's hard not to be take by his previous trainers comments:

"This is a proper horse. He's very exciting and has always pleased us. He is a super jumper; he's one of the nicest horses we've ever had"

So we know he can jump and this from a trainer who has started the careers of Holywell, The World's End and Topofthegame to name but few. He does look like he'll be versatile over a trip so those on 17s any race well played. As I've missed that I'm reverting to my trusted cash out friends at 365 whose 33/1 is some way bigger than the 14s on offer with PP/BFSB. I will also back him with the same firm when they put up a price for the Supreme, hopefully at least 25s. I won't back him for the AB as rarely get properly involved in that race.
                    Having missed the bigger any race prices I decided to have a small bet at 33/1 for the Ballymore as well.

Comment

• See 365 put Dlauro in at 20s for the Supreme so will keep my powder dry in that market for the time being, probably have a few freebies with those offering 25s throughout the summer as doubt the price will go anywhere

Comment

• Hey all hope everyone’s doing well, have been very quiet lately due to a complete lack of interest in the flat rats.

Id be mush obliged if someone could add Joseph O’Briens Midnight Run to the William Hill any race market? They have him priced up 20/1 for the spud race but would like to cover the Ballymore too.

I’m not on the Twitter buzz!
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 17 May 2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Does the performance of BDD change her possible target?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                            Does the performance of BDD change her possible target?
                            A great performance but I don't see it changing anything. Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge, but Klassical Dream would be the obvious Mullins horse for the Champion so I think they'll try and win the mares race again with BDD

Comment

• Is there an opportunity to pile in at 20s with 365 as any inkling she might go there and when they go NRNB it will be a nice cashout like with Apples Jade last year?

Comment

• I'd imagine Stayers rather than CH seeing as she breezed through that 3m1f

Comment

Working...
                                X