Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    The last couple of years I have found the prices for the next Festival to be tighter than I would take for horses I was interested in.

Not sure if I am being foolishly optimistic for Festival 2020 but I have taken a few standout prices for next year from William Hill in the last two days, some were out of line with other bookies.

Paid for by this years results, I have a small portfolio that I hope still looks okay after Aintree and Punchestown.

Champion Hurdle
    Band Of Outlaws 40/1, boosted to 43/1

It was cut to 33/1 today in line with other bookies, but boosted would still pay 36/1.
    I think the horse looks a cut above normal Frd Winter winners, and imho could well have won today’s Triumph Hurdle (RIP Sir Eric).

Gold Cup
    Topofthegame 17,5/1 (boosted)

Cut today to still a top price of 14/1 (15.5/1 boosted)
    Happy with the price, after today’s race, it’s clear that’s where PN is aiming and I believe will be his number one hope for the race.

Ryanair Chase
    Defi Du Seuil 17.5/1 (boosted)

Standout price, other firms are 8s, 10s and 12s.
    Trainer already mentioned the Ryanair, and can’t see him being aimed further up in trip.
    At 2 miles, their is some depth (Cilaos, Richebourg, Duc De G) coming through so it makes sense to stick to the intermediate trip for DDS.

Stayers Hurdle
    City Island 22/1 (boosted)

Seems a fair price to me, given the connections have mentioned going up in trip, and also sponsor at the Festival, and have a horse that’s won well at this years Festival.
    Paisley Park looks class, but never run scared of one horse.

Put the four above into a £1M payout busting Yankee.

Champion Chase
    Could be lit up with this years novices, Cilaos Emery, Le Richebourg, Duc De G, etc, so it’s take your pick at around 20/1 with those. Altior will have a new threat from this lot.
    My own preference is
    Cilaos Emery 22/1 (boosted), and I have taken that price.

I am less attracted to all of the Novice Hurdle and chase races at this point.

Happy hunting, check out William Hill first, if you are looking for an early price for 2020, that may seem daft now, but look inspired in 51 weeks time.
    Apologies I tried to start a new thread on 2020 Ante Post, when one was already here.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 15 March 2019, 08:09 PM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

5pts Paisley Park / Top of the Game 89/1
      5pts Paisley Park / Santini 100/1
      5pts Paisley Park / Envoi Allen 89/1
      £1m Paisley Park / Malone Road / Envoi Allen / Top of the Game
      1pt Paisley Park / Envoi Allen / Milansbar (Midlands National) 950/1

Comment

Anyone able to ask William Hill to price up the Cross Country (ie Tiger Roll)?

Comment

Carefully Selected and Annamix both entered up later this month.

Willie burns Chacun Pour Sour Novice tag and now may do so with CS

Comment

Malone Road (Supreme) and Envoi Allen (Ballymore) 314/1
            Commander Of Fleet 25/1 RSA

The Any Race market has served me well over the years so will be sticking to that outside bets like the above, at least for the next 6-7 months

Comment

Supreme: Malone Road
              Ballymore: Envoi Allen
              RSA: Carefully Selected (convinced he would have won the AB today with a few preps under his belt)
              Albert Bartlett: Midnight Run
              Gold Cup: Topofthegame

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                Carefully Selected and Annamix both entered up later this month.

Willie burns Chacun Pour Sour Novice tag and now may do so with CS
                If he hoses up for the rest of the year & wins the Punchestown novice stayers Hurdle I’ll curse the mild winter we’ve had in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  Interested in what people think of the QMCC market.

Altior at 3/1 but he surely must go up in trip! Doesn’t seem like he would want 3miles at Cheltenham to me, but could you really see him entered in the Ryanair?

Le Richebourg and Cilaos Emery would look to be value at 20/1
                  I'm looking at CILAOS EMERY & CHACUN POUR SOI for this.

Comment

Samcro RSA 33s could be the one to be on.... can see that being single figures with all the hype around him (which I don’t buy)

Comment

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
                      I'm looking at CILAOS EMERY & CHACUN POUR SOI for this.
                      Blonde moment
                      Last edited by darlojim; 15 March 2019, 11:47 PM. Reason: being stupid

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                        can someone tell me when was it that Chacun Pour Soi ran last? looked on RP and SL and they both say march '19 which is obviously wrong. I'm guessing he was injured too, anyone know the injury? Just watched his irish debut and christ that was impressive.
                        Eh?

What are you talking about - why would RP and SL have it wrong?

'Proof' here... https://www.racingpost.com/results/1...9-03-10/724572

He ran the Saturday before Cheltenham, this year.... so 6 days ago.... and bolted up - on his debut for Willie Mullins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Eh?

What are you talking about - why would RP and SL have it wrong?

'Proof' here... https://www.racingpost.com/results/1...9-03-10/724572

He ran the Saturday before Cheltenham, this year.... so 6 days ago.... and bolted up - on his debut for Willie Mullins.
                          wow my bad its been a long day and I've not seen any of last weeks racing hahaha! I didn't even know he made his irish debut, I was thinking he hadn't been seen yet one to definitely keep an eye on then!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                            Supreme: Malone Road
                            Ballymore: Envoi Allen
                            RSA: Carefully Selected (convinced he would have won the AB today with a few preps under his belt)
                            Albert Bartlett: Midnight Run
                            Gold Cup: Topofthegame
                            Edit: I thought this was early fancies, haven’t backed any of these yet.
                            Last edited by SeanRock; 16 March 2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                              Blonde moment
                              Care to explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                                Samcro RSA 33s could be the one to be on.... can see that being single figures with all the hype around him (which I don’t buy)
                                Absolutely love SAMCRO, want to be on, I just haven't a clue where he'd go. Especially given his completely messed about campaign. That does worry me he's lost some potential due to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X