Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    First one.

Double:
    Malone Road - Supreme 20/1
    Envoi Allen - Ballymore 11/1.

Cheveley Double! 230/1.
    The double is 314/1 with Hills.

Comment

CHACUN POUR SOI, where do we think this one will be go?

I've backed him for the Arkle last two years!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
        The double is 314/1 with Hills.
        Worth a small EW, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
          CHACUN POUR SOI, where do we think this one will be go?

I've backed him for the Arkle last two years!!
          Impressive winner but now he’s no longer a novice it has for be QMCC or a handicap, won’t know until we see race something with a pulse

Joe Chambers mentioned he will still be a novice for the Drinmore

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
            First one.

Double:
            Malone Road - Supreme 20/1
            Envoi Allen - Ballymore 11/1.

Cheveley Double! 230/1.
            Lovely. I’ll row in on that

Comment

Interested in what people think of the QMCC market.

Altior at 3/1 but he surely must go up in trip! Doesn’t seem like he would want 3miles at Cheltenham to me, but could you really see him entered in the Ryanair?

Le Richebourg and Cilaos Emery would look to be value at 20/1

Comment

Where do ye think Andy Dufresne goes lads? Interestingly Coral the only book to have him and they've him at 16s w/ Envoi Allen and ahead of Malone Road at 20s. Big fan of the horse but feel that's a little puzzling.

Comment

Cant have Altior in the Ryanair, its just not prestigious enough, and assuming he doesnt win the king george staying on strongly then he wont go gold cup. Has to be the champion chase again surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                    Envoi Allen and Malone Road both to win any race 100/1 1U

Saldier - Champions hurdle - 33/1
                    Topofthegame - Gold Cup - 12/1

0.5U e/w

Rewatched the RSA and on any given day any of the top 3 could have won. Spoke with the owners son of TOTG and they were really confident an extra 2f would help him.

Champion Hurdle looks wide open, at this point I believe in backing horses that target is fairly certain, but Klassical Dream for the Champion Hurdle at 9/1 is very tempting.

Where have you got the 100/1 for envoi and malone?

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                      Where have you got the 100/1 for envoi and malone?
                      This bet was up pre ENVOI ALLEN'S champion bumper win.

Skybet

Comment

Could be interested in We Have A Dream for the Arkle if I can find a good price, shaped this season over his hurdles like he could take well to a fence & has just shown he can handle Cheltenham in that run for 2nd in the county hurdle. Seems a likely route when you consider he probably isn't good enough for a crack at CH and proved that this year and is probably rated too high to keep ticking over with handicaps etc.

Comment

Malone Road - Ballymore 20/1
                          Dickie Diver - RSA 25/1
                          Cilaos Emery - Champion Chase 20/1
                          Santini - Gold Cup 12/1

Prices from Skybet, Any takers???

Comment

Trevelyns Corn RSA 50s looks interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
                              Malone Road - Ballymore 20/1
                              Dickie Diver - RSA 25/1
                              Cilaos Emery - Champion Chase 20/1
                              Santini - Gold Cup 12/1

Prices from Skybet, Any takers???
                              On SANTINI, Priced at 33/1 by 365 after RSA, Now already 12's..

I think alot have taken him out of the race as one for the Gold Cup.

Comment

Cheltenham 2020 prices in the aftermath of the 2019 Festival.

The last couple of years I have found the prices for the next Festival to be tighter than I would take for horses I was interested in.

Not sure if I am being foolishly optimistic for Festival 2020 but I have taken a few standout prices for next year from William Hill in the last two days, some were out of line with other bookies.

Paid for by this years results, I have a small portfolio that I hope still looks okay after Aintree and Punchestown.

Champion Hurdle
                                Band Of Outlaws 40/1, boosted to 43/1

It was cut to 33/1 today in line with other bookies, but boosted would still pay 36/1.
                                I think the horse looks a cut above normal Frd Winter winners, and imho could well have won today’s Triumph Hurdle (RIP Sir Eric).

Gold Cup
                                Topofthegame 17,5/1 (boosted)

Cut today to still a top price of 14/1 (15.5/1 boosted)
                                Happy with the price, after today’s race, it’s clear that’s where PN is aiming and I believe will be his number one hope for the race.

Ryanair Chase
                                Defi Du Seuil 17.5/1 (boosted)

Standout price, other firms are 8s, 10s and 12s.
                                Trainer already mentioned the Ryanair, and can’t see him being aimed further up in trip.
                                At 2 miles, their is some depth (Cilaos, Richebourg, Duc De G) coming through so it makes sense to stick to the intermediate trip for DDS.

Stayers Hurdle
                                City Island 22/1 (boosted)

Seems a fair price to me, given the connections have mentioned going up in trip, and also sponsor at the Festival, and have a horse that’s won well at this years Festival.
                                Paisley Park looks class, but never run scared of one horse.

Put the four above into a £1M payout busting Yankee.

Champion Chase
                                Could be lit up with this years novices, Cilaos Emery, Le a Richebourg, Duc De G, etc, so it’s take your pick at around 20/1 with those. Altior will have a new threat from this lot.
                                My own preference is
                                Cilaos Emery 22/1 (boosted), and I have taken that price.

I am less attracted to all of the Novice Hurdle and chase races at this point.

Happy hunting, check out William Hill first, if you are looking for an early price for 2020, that may seem daft now, but look inspired in 51 weeks time.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X