Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did make some very valid points kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Buveur D'air's price will be gone after Aintree and I think Santini's might have, if he runs there too.
      SANTINI's price has already been halved, was available at 33/1

Comment

• I'm keen to look ahead to Punchestown, because any winners there prices will crash for the festival next year. Worth mentioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
          SANTINI's price has already been halved, was available at 33/1
          33/1 was absolutely ridiculous though, and that doesn't make 14/1 a bad bet imo

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
            Pathetic price I’d want at least double that, Sky seem to be the only firm quoting on the AB so probably better off waiting for some competition the market.
            William Hill just posted 20/1, was still hoping for much better.

Comment

• 20/1 for Cyrname Gold Cup on 365 is tempting.

Comment

• Originally posted by lethalsteps View Post
                20/1 for Cyrname Gold Cup on 365 is tempting.
                A horse that's never gone over 2m5f with serious questions to answer going left handed is not even remotely temping at 20/1 for me

Comment

Buveur D'air's price will be gone after Aintree and I think Santini's might have, if he runs there too.
                  Who he expecting to line up against?

I doubt he'll be beating or meeting any of the Irish horses?

If he wins well at Aintree against the same horses we already know he's better than (bar Verdana Blue) haha ...

I really like Buveur D'air but I don't understand why there is a rush to back him at the price he is

Comment

• From my perspective and with the greatest respect, given that we're still less than a week on from the first race of this year's Festival, it's utterly bonkers that we're already on Page 18.
                    I said it last year but it bears repeating. For any horse you need to calculate a treble of:
                    1. the odds of it being fit next March. Rule of thumb at this stage, say, even money.
                    2. the odds of it going for a particular target. A movable and subjective feast but I wouldn't look at anything below even money this far out.
                    3. the likely odds on the day - finger in the air job but worth doing.
                    eg. Cyrname.
                    1. evens
                    2. Gold Cup - 3/1?
                    3. 4/1 minimum and likely higher.

Your treble on the smallest odds is 39/1.
                    Last edited by archie; 19 March 2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Get on the RP site lads have a crack at the Lincoln a week Saturday, see if you can find anything to beat blue mist!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                        Get on the RP site lads have a crack at the Lincoln a week Saturday, see if you can find anything to beat blue mist!
                        That's more like it Billy.

I like Great Prospector (40/1) at a price myself, should he run.
                        Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 19 March 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• I’m only sticking to horses in the Win Any Race market. I’ve put a point on the big Gigginstown types in the hope they improve over fences (CotF, BOD, Samcro) along with Dickie Diver & Pic D’ory but not going to throw much more until September unless something really stands out.

I have a question regarding the 4 miler at the Festival if anyone can help explain. Why were there very few, if any horses in this year’s race to have experience at any where near the distance. Very few in the field had raced further than 3 mile. Is this the norm for this race? With everything that happened during it I would think stamina experience is a must?

Comment

I'm taking the view that the RSA 1-2 will be the most likely winner of the Gold Cup next season.

The 10/1 TOTG is very fair, as is Santini 14/1. The prep for Santini was horrendous and I think he'd have won over an extra 2f, or with a trouble free prep.
                            Why can’t Delta Work improve past both? He’s a year younger, and look how the likes of Al Boum Photo improves this season after being a year younger in his novice chase season.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              A horse that's never gone over 2m5f with serious questions to answer going left handed is not even remotely temping at 20/1 for me
                              Yeah I'd blindly lay Cyrname at 20/1 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                Never mind its only half the animal going left handed to which I agree with Charlie.

Comment

Working...
                                X