Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Had he not fell, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have won. 8/1 is an absolute huge price in my eyes and the bet of the 2020 festival at current prices.
    I would say there is no way Buveur D'air goes off shorter than Espoir D'allen at next years festival.

6/1 for Espoir D'allen is a better bet than Buveur D'old at 8/1

There is no way, Buveur D'air is a good enough horse two regain a Champion Hurdle to become a 3 time winner. It sounds far too ridiculous.

Especially at single figures.

Dual winner Espoir D'allen, to follow on the very impressive list of 5 year olds who go on to win it again.... more like it.

But neither would have me parting with my 'hard-earned'.

Comment

• Santini at 14/1

What planet are we living on here?

Santini got beaten in the Albert Bartlett, and beaten in the RSA... beaten in the Kauto Star?

The amount of love for Santini in mind boggling.

For starters, Topofthegame has now beaten him twice... I don't see why that form is getting turned around? Santini wasn't closing on him in the RSA.

If Henderson hadn't been so vocal about this horse PRE Cheltenham LAST YEAR, there is NO WAY he's a sub 20/1 shot.

Nicholls is also a better trainer of staying chasers too. 10/1 versus the 14/1 - neither are that exciting right now... but I'd take Topofthegame.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
        I always found the prices on the sports terminals in shop to be the same as online for antepost stuff in Hills. Glad to see the any race market loaded already, sure we can think of a few we want requesting on there!
        Saw a mention of Pic D’Orphy earlier, just wonder if he’s going to be difficult to place until he goes chasing
        I was using the counter screen - have to steel myself and check the terminal. It's right next to the lunatics on the roulette machines in my local so I never go near it

Comment

• Originally posted by Star Of A Gunner View Post
          Pic dorhy 25s any race WH sort of appeals.
          I’ve played that

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Santini at 14/1

What planet are we living on here?

Santini got beaten in the Albert Bartlett, and beaten in the RSA... beaten in the Kauto Star?

The amount of love for Santini in mind boggling.

For starters, Topofthegame has now beaten him twice... I don't see why that form is getting turned around? Santini wasn't closing on him in the RSA.

If Henderson hadn't been so vocal about this horse PRE Cheltenham LAST YEAR, there is NO WAY he's a sub 20/1 shot.

Nicholls is also a better trainer of staying chasers too. 10/1 versus the 14/1 - neither are that exciting right now... but I'd take Topofthegame.
            Playing devils advocate for a second, you could say the extra 2f would suit Santini. You could also say he finished a neck down on TOTG at Cheltenham with a terrible prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
              Playing devils advocate for a second, you could say the extra 2f would suit Santini. You could also say he finished a neck down on TOTG at Cheltenham with a terrible prep.
              You could....and I'm not disagreeing. I'm not saying I don't thni kSantini COULD reverse the form, but TOTG holds him on everything I've seen, so one is 10/1 and one is 14/1.... but its 14/1 --- 12 months away...

You can get 14/1 for Santini to win the Hennessy.

If he's got a prayer of winning the Gold Cup, he wins the Hennessy?

Comment

You could....and I'm not disagreeing. I'm not saying I don't thni kSantini COULD reverse the form, but TOTG holds him on everything I've seen, so one is 10/1 and one is 14/1.... but its 14/1 --- 12 months away...

I wouldn’t back either of them in all honesty.

I was just adding to the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                  I wouldn’t back either of them in all honesty.

I was just adding to the discussion.
                  Absolutely.

I fear starting this thread too early has got people parting with their cash too early.

Anything sub 20/1 is a bit bananas for me at the moment.

You might well be on a poor bet by the end of Aintree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
                    BUVEUR D'AIR beat MELON a nk last year. ESPOIR D'ALLEN beat that one 15 lengths this year.

Just saying not for me..
                    If only racing was this simple.

Comment

I'm taking the view that the RSA 1-2 will be the most likely winner of the Gold Cup next season.

The 10/1 TOTG is very fair, as is Santini 14/1. The prep for Santini was horrendous and I think he'd have won over an extra 2f, or with a trouble free prep.

Comment

• Kev - were you drunk last night ?

Comment

• Apart from the odd free bet (won’t be farming through the summer), and the odd double with the golf, don’t plan on getting involved in the Festival antepost until September. That said one that is tempting me now is 13/2 WH price boost on BDD for the Mares.

If she’d stood up and won as easily as it looked surely she’d be closer to a 7/2 chance even this far out (Skybet’s current price). I’m assuming she came out of the race ok and maybe there is a little doubt about the target. On the latter, one thing I got from a Mullins interview earlier in the season is how thankful he is for RR’s investment, which I felt indicated he’d do what he can to give him Festival winners. With a track record of targeting the same horse at this race I’d be pretty confident that this will be the plan again in 2020 hopefully with a better ending. Anyone disagree with this logic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Kev - were you drunk last night ?
                            Must have been

I'm going to the shops to place a Paisley Park / Buveur D'air / Santini Trixie.

Comment

• I feel like you're both drunk now.

Are these prices going to disappear over the summer?

Comment

I feel like you're both drunk now.

Are these prices going to disappear over the summer?
                                Buveur D'air's price will be gone after Aintree and I think Santini's might have, if he runs there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X