Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy mag , are you Graham Wheldon in disguise

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Added Beakstown RSA 1pt 56.5-1 WH
      Took a punt really, looks an obvious chaser and reckon stable really like this horse. Far too big to have achieved much of note over hurdles but still did ok.
      considered any race at 27-1 but think RSA most likely and odds double.
      Big price, like that Q.

They made no secret that he's a next year horse, last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Just thought id mention, Im a bit of a football punter also and its worth noting that firms are still going 1/4 odds first 4 places on top goals scorer markets, Ivan Toney of Peterborough is 4/1 to land the Div 1 scorer, unless hes injured (or i suppose sold) he's a cert for top 4. Ive stuck him in a few EW tricos for the festival, only mentioning coz it seems too good an opportunity to turn down. Obviously he will now get injured or get sold lol
        As an Ipswich fan, I’m involved in this market already with James Norwood at 10/1 when we signed him.

I know Peterborough turned down 4m in July for him from Barnsley but I fully expect Toney to go to a championship side in January. Too good for league 1

Comment

• I’ve had Douvan added to the GC market in preparation for a Rich ricco rulrs the roost bet of:

CPS / Min / Douvan

At 3,210/1 it will be a bit of interest and even £1 e/w pays plenty!

Comment

• Just been playing on the net and came across a horse we havent spoke about since the last festival.
            You can get 12/1 anyrace for.................. Footpad.
            What you guys think and where can you see it running?

Comment

• If you think that Paddy Power is a decent indicator, they have Footpad at 25/1 for the Champion Chase (joint longest of Oddschecker prices) and 16/1 for the Ryanair (joint shortest of Oddschecker prices). However, Betfair exchange prices are 25 and 34 respectively. For comparison, Cadmium is 16/1 for the Ryanair with PP and 88/5 on the exchange.
              Like many horses, Footpad will probably get multiple entries and end up in the race with the weakest opposition.

Comment

• Been looking at the form of a horse in France called L'Autonomie.... anyone got a view of know if he could end up in the festival?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                  Been looking at the form of a horse in France called L'Autonomie.... anyone got a view of know if he could end up in the festival?
                  She* and no.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Sharjah 33/1 for Champion Hurdle

Looking at the two heading the market right now (KD, BVD) I feel both would prefer softer conditions, I think BVD could be value at 6/1 now with Hendro planning a easier path against what looks to be a weakening 2 miler division over here. KD is short enough as it is

So been looking elsewhere and feel Sharjah at 33/1 is too big to miss out on. Clearer a horse that prefers good ground, and has shown some nice speed when conditions suit. Only 5 years old in the supreme, re-watched the race this morning and he looked tiny back then - and having to run in bog on that first day at the festival wouldn't have suited.
                    He was BD last time out, not sure whether that race or conditions suited again but he clearly improving as the season was going on. Been on the track since and looks like Mullins is planning a clear path for this 6-7 year old, with all targets pointing towards the champion hurdle with the yard picking out good ground races and saving him for the big one. Expect to see him to win a few G1, whilst Millins keeps him away from KD. Expect Sharjah to go off shorter no the day - maybe 12/1 if he picks up some good wins, and if we get good spring ground (for one nowadays) then I'll be happy sitting on 33/1

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                      Sharjah 33/1 for Champion Hurdle

Looking at the two heading the market right now (KD, BVD) I feel both would prefer softer conditions, I think BVD could be value at 6/1 now with Hendro planning a easier path against what looks to be a weakening 2 miler division over here. KD is short enough as it is

So been looking elsewhere and feel Sharjah at 33/1 is too big to miss out on. Clearer a horse that prefers good ground, and has shown some nice speed when conditions suit. Only 5 years old in the supreme, re-watched the race this morning and he looked tiny back then - and having to run in bog on that first day at the festival wouldn't have suited.
                      He was BD last time out, not sure whether that race or conditions suited again but he clearly improving as the season was going on. Been on the track since and looks like Mullins is planning a clear path for this 6-7 year old, with all targets pointing towards the champion hurdle with the yard picking out good ground races and saving him for the big one. Expect to see him to win a few G1, whilst Millins keeps him away from KD. Expect Sharjah to go off shorter no the day - maybe 12/1 if he picks up some good wins, and if we get good spring ground (for one nowadays) then I'll be happy sitting on 33/1
                      I like him myself.
                      But it will always be on the soft side of good-soft as an absolute minimum on the Tuesday.
                      (Tbf I dnt think hes as ground dependant as they make out)

Real shame he got brought down last year. He didn't make punchestown. And Iv no idea if hes sound. As iv asked the racing manager and he wont reply about him for what ever reason. he has about others iv asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        I like him myself.
                        But it will always be on the soft side of good-soft as an absolute minimum on the Tuesday.
                        (Tbf I dnt think hes as ground dependant as they make out)

Real shame he got brought down last year. He didn't make punchestown. And Iv no idea if hes sound. As iv asked the racing manager and he wont reply about him for what ever reason. he has about others iv asked.
                        I've read that he'll be following a similar programme to last year, so I'm guessing he's sound. I like the horse a lot too and feel he's the best value atm. A dual grade 1 winner last season and very much under the radar

Comment

• He doesn’t need it to be a road, just could do without it being a bog as it has been over the last two years

Comment

• Added Ok Corral any race with Hills at 25/1

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                              Added Ok Corral any race with Hills at 25/1
                              With a view to him winning what?
                              Won’t win a gold cup and you could have got triple figures on that recently, the 3mile hcap chase is a possibility but he could ruin that mark if he runs in the Ladbroke trophy or anything over the next four months. Think it’s a bad bet

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                                Added Ok Corral any race with Hills at 25/1
                                You've been heavily involved in the early bets somer, of you have the time, feel free to group them together in the "diary" section, if you wanted to. Might be useful for next year

Comment

Working...
                                X