Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Placepots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placepots

Does anybody on here do the placepot during the festival?

The returns not be Friday have traditionally been some of the highest ever paid out.

Be interesting to see people’s strategies for the festival and their selections day by day.

I’m going for 120 selections on day 1 - Buvuer D’air & BDD napped in their respective races, 2 selections in both the Arkle & Supreme, with 5 in the Ultima and 6 in the Close.

I hear a lot about them, but truth be told I don't know what they are or how to place them, and when I've tried to research it, I've ended up more confused than I began!

Comment

I do one when I’m at the Racecourse

Will probably have two in the handicaps and 4 miler and see where I end up

I’ve hit it 2 out of 3 the last couple of years on the Tuesday
      Last edited by Hurricane fly; 10 March 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Find horses to place in the first 6 races of the day.
        It’s all done on the tote, so the returns are 72% of the total pool split between the number of winning units.
        If all favourites win, it pays next to nothing and if all outsiders fill the places, you can see big returns from small stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          I don’t one when I’m at the Racecourse

Will probably have two in the handicaps and 4 miler and see where I end up

I’ve hit it 2 out of 3 the last couple of years on the Tuesday

The 4 miler won’t be included as it’s only the first 6 races

Comment

Originally posted by Dannycraig View Post
            Does anybody on here do the placepot during the festival?

The returns not be Friday have traditionally been some of the highest ever paid out.

Be interesting to see people’s strategies for the festival and their selections day by day.

I’m going for 120 selections on day 1 - Buvuer D’air & BDD napped in their respective races, 2 selections in both the Arkle & Supreme, with 5 in the Ultima and 6 in the Close.
            I love a placepot and always do them at the big festivals when there is so much 'dead' money in the pool.

One thing I hate doing is having more horses than places available. So I'll keep it to 4 max in the Ultima and Close Bros.

My day one pp is looking like 3 x 3 x 3 x 1 x 2 x 3 = 162 bets.

Comment

I love a good placepot, don't normally do many lines on there but might go for about 54 on Tuesday

Comment

I did it on the Wed last year.

Just had 8 selections across the 6 races. Had a placed horse in every one bar one, where it was 4th. So frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
                  I did it on the Wed last year.

Just had 8 selections across the 6 races. Had a placed horse in every one bar one, where it was 4th. So frustrating.
                  My missus did it in November on the Sunday when we went to course. She had a place in every race except she chose Brain Power over Sceau Royale as she "didn't one to pick the same as me". Unbelievable

Comment

Just a fun bet, I always try to find the race to knock out the fav and put a few in that, if I can not I normally put that in as the banker... like Altior.. wouldn't normally layout much more than £20 on one each day.

Tuesday

2-8
                    5-8
                    6-7-14
                    9-15
                    6-14-16

72 x 30p

Hoping to knock Benie Des Dieux out, unlikely but if she is not placed it could pay well... not seen her this season so it could happen..

Comment

...oh yes. I’m in the pub every day with my pals. A couple of us pool Placepot and invest in a few Exactas in the big handicaps.

Many of the handicaps pay much bigger on the Tote so I tend to have a few bob via that route if i’m backing an unfancied one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                        Just a fun bet, I always try to find the race to knock out the fav and put a few in that, if I can not I normally put that in as the banker... like Altior.. wouldn't normally layout much more than £20 on one each day.

Tuesday

2-8
                        5-8
                        6-7-14
                        9-15
                        6-14-16

72 x 30p

Hoping to knock Benie Des Dieux out, unlikely but if she is not placed it could pay well... not seen her this season so it could happen..
                        Same way I do it and hope for luck. Imagine how many people douvan took out of the pot in the qmcc. In special tiaras year.

And Annie
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Same way I do it and hope for luck. Imagine how many people douvan took out of the pot in the qmcc. In special tiaras year.

And Annie
                          That's the reason I don't really like banking on one selection in the pp. Buveur D'air is going to be my sole banker in day one's placepot.

Comment

Pretty much same strategy here. You need to be contrary. Comes easy to some.

Comment

Wish I picked this one

Dividend of £91,283.90 to a £1 stake won by 10.5 units

Best place pot return I have ever seen, hardest as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X