Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Which Are Your Current No Bet Races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Are Your Current No Bet Races?

It is good to have an interest but sometimes you just have to admit to hitting your head against a brick wall.

I have four at the moment:-

Close Brothers - been toying with Good Man Pat and Quamino but not completely sure of a run and they are only 20/1 with WH

Champion Chase & Cross Country - Altior should win but of no interest at that price; Tiger Roll again too short and possible ground concern?

Grand Annual - each year I think this is the hardest race of the Festival so happy enough to wave a white flag

Bumper - Crap race, couldn't care less who wins it, hardly any horses come out and win at the following seasons festival, just a dislike for the race.

Comment

Do we think Min at 5/1 is the best ew bet to nothing of the week? We know he’s the second best 2 mile chaser in training and will be 3/1 on the day. Yes altior is pretty bomb proof but I think 5/1 is a fair price to find out.

Comment

This close I don't have any.... but the Grand Annual was last and only backed something in the last week... it can be tough I agree.

The County Hurdle too - after-timing .... but when you back the winner 5 minutes before the off, after spending as much time as I do ante-post certainly raises question marks as to which races need the most time

Comment

Arkle, mares & ryanair, lost my fancy in the arkle, not a lover of the mares races, AJ going into season put me off this year and ryanair and mullins bingo put me off having a bet in the race.. other than that I love every race including the crap ones if you can call any cheltenham race crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
            Do we think Min at 5/1 is the best ew bet to nothing of the week? We know he’s the second best 2 mile chaser in training and will be 3/1 on the day. Yes altior is pretty bomb proof but I think 5/1 is a fair price to find out.
            Wrong thread? but yes.... or Topofthegame in the RSA at 7/2

Comment

Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
              If he doesn't fall then I can not see him out of the first two, maybe without market is the better bet... but you never know it could be third time lucky!!

Comment

I'd love to say that I will sit out several but as I'm up there all week I can guarantee I'll have an interest in all 28 races like the idiot I am.

Comment

I was just responding to Kinloch Brae’s comment regarding it being a no bet race.

Comment

The supreme.
                    But how hard is that to do.
                    Got about 5/6 running for me in that.

Comment

Nothing in the County Hurdle for me , Will be a bet on the day .

Comment

...Champion Hurdle. A no bet race for me but one to savour.

Comment

None of them! <3 Cheltenham

There's always an angle

Comment

At the minute just the X-Country. Don't want to either back or oppose Tiger Roll at that price.

Comment

Working...
                            X