Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Plate 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
    Gutted, thought she had a real chance in this after only going up a total of 2lbs since her second to Aso over C&D
    Doesn't look good. However, She did run 3 times in January backed up quickly. So a small shred of hope.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Seem's to be a few running at the weekend , that we thought might be at the Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        Seem's to be a few running at the weekend , that we thought might be at the Festival.
        Why aren't they as obsessed as we are ?

Comment

Do we know what Gigginstown will run in this?

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
            Why aren't they as obsessed as we are ?
            I get annoyed when pundits on podcasts say how much respect they have for a trainer "sticking to a plan" or "not seeing Cheltenham as the be all and end all"....

Just nonsense. We want to see all the best horses run in all the best races, whether they win or not doesn't matter?

Nobody can say the JLT or RSA are BETTER races because La Bague Au Roi isn't running.

It isn't "best for the horse" to skip Cheltenham, it has no idea where it's running.... whether we perceive her to have a better chance or not shouldn't matter.

Best horses, in the best races - its what makes Cheltenham special.

Avoiding the festival shouldn't be applauded. They can miss them, fine... but don't go on about how great it is. "It's disappointing but understandable" would be my view.

Comment

Yep, can see it now.

Waiting Patiently and Vinndication sat chilling with a shandy and double scotch (guess who's got the shandy ?)

Watching cheltenham on ITV. While Ruth is taking Waiting Patiently's temperature (anally of course).

After a brief x rated discussion on Francesca Cumani and what they'd do to her if she walked around their parade ring.

WP says "looks shit this cheltenham, all inclines and slopes and loads of lovely good fresh ground"

Vinndication replies "what the f**k's cheltenham ?"

The end.

Comment

Yep, can see it now.

Waiting Patiently and Vinndication sat chilling with a shandy and double scotch (guess who's got the shandy ?)

Watching cheltenham on ITV. While Ruth is taking Waiting Patiently's temperature (anally of course).

After a brief x rated discussion on Francesca Cumani and what they'd do to her if she walked around their parade ring.

WP says "looks shit this cheltenham, all inclines and slopes and loads of lovely good fresh ground"

The end.
                FFS

Comment

enough already

Comment

Read this 5 minutes ago .... and still Laughing !!.

Comment

Yep, can see it now.

The end.
                      Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        well she better win tomorrow to reimburse me for the 3 pts I've had ante post without NRNB and the 2 pts I've had on tomorrow.

If I was trying to think up a situation that could not be worse, it would be Happy Diva unseating, but still running the full trip so she won't be fresh for Cheltenham

and passing the post first just to kick me in the balls

Comment

Same Kev, not happy with that. She seemed to jump the fence well then next second the jockey was on the deck, no idea what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            If I was trying to think up a situation that could not be worse, it would be Happy Diva unseating, but still running the full trip so she won't be fresh for Cheltenham

and passing the post first just to kick me in the balls
                            Exactly that for me too !!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Spiritofthegames is one I like at present before the official weights are out. He’s got some placed form at Cheltenham and bumped into a well handicapped horse in Kildisart on his last start. This is his ideal trip and is his only entry at the Festival. He was staying on nicely in the last race so I’ve no concerns his stamina will give way. That last race was also run in a reasonably quick time as well.
                              Harry Skelton has given this as his best chance of the week in an interview with Matt Chapman.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Belami Des Pictons 20/1 NRNB.

Already had a sizeable bet after Cepage was pulled from the race. Charlie's analysis on Venetia in this race pulled me in and I went through her potential runners and BDP stood out as the one for me.

If he doesn't run so be it, that's why I've taken the NRNB, but if he makes it to the race he will be close to being my best each way shot of the whole festival.

Excusing him for his run LTO, that was off the back of a 450+ day lay off.

His race record since being with Venetia reads 8 starts, 5 wins and a 2nd (this one against Waiting Patiently).

His 2 losses have come off the back of a long lay off. He's had his cobweb blower LTO where he weakened 3 out over 3m, so the drop in trip here should suit now and he'll be fitter for that seasonal debut.

He's rated 146 so falls bang in the middle of where you want to be to go close in a race like this.

He's still very lightly raced for his age. Unsure if this is a positive or negative for this race, something I haven't looked into but I'd say there is plenty more to come from him.
                                Just seen he's 25/1 NRNB in one place - I still really like him.

I haven't ehard anything for a while, guessing nobody has?

Comment

Working...
                                X