Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78
  1. #11
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,659
    I really like that CoD.

    The second to Waiting Paitently you touch on... even though we know WP was rated too highly on 170, he's still 160s, and over 2m4f getting to 2L of him has him incredibly well in.

    The analysis on VW that Charlie did makes the 20/1 NRNB an absolute cracking bet IMO.

    I really fancied him off the break LTO so won't lose faith now, especially as you've pointed out him being worse off a break!

    I'll get on the bandwagon if there is room.

    Just looking back, toffees and jono had him on the radar too.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 02-22-2019 at 09:01 PM.

  2. #12
    Top Amateur jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,766
    Big fan of Belami des Pictons for this. Though I would be concerned that it was reported he bled having been pulled up. Taking aside fitness it would explain how he quickly weakened last time.

    Following the race, the Veterinary Officer reported that BELAMI DES PICTONS (FR), which was pulled up, had bled from the nose.
    It doesn't stop a horse winning by any means (Alpha des Obeaux one off the top of my head who bled repeatedly a few seasons ago but has come back in as good a form as ever this season) but always a concern for me once this happens...

  3. #13
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,446
    Quite like Modus for this. 33/1 with Betfred and 28/1 with Hills with the boost. Already as low as 16/1 with Paddy.

    He's slightly hit and miss but is very good on his day as he showed when finishing 2nd in the Bumper and 6th in the Coral Cup two years ago off top weight.

    He was admittedly pretty disappointing last year when he ran off a mark of 154 in the JLT, but has had his sights considerably lowered to handicaps now and had dropped to a mark of 148 prior to Saturday's run. Looked a clever ploy to run over a trip he was never likely to see out at the weekend and every chance he could drop a couple more pounds.

    Needs to brush up his jumping, but if he does put in a clear round, I think he can go very close.

    If Im honest I would have preferred him in the Grand Annual as I think a fast run 2m would be ideal but he isn't entered so this looks the race for him and the longer trip might help his jumping a bit.

  4. #14
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Quite like Modus for this. 33/1 with Betfred and 28/1 with Hills with the boost. Already as low as 16/1 with Paddy.

    He's slightly hit and miss but is very good on his day as he showed when finishing 2nd in the Bumper and 6th in the Coral Cup two years ago off top weight.

    He was admittedly pretty disappointing last year when he ran off a mark of 154 in the JLT, but has had his sights considerably lowered to handicaps now and had dropped to a mark of 148 prior to Saturday's run. Looked a clever ploy to run over a trip he was never likely to see out at the weekend and every chance he could drop a couple more pounds.

    Needs to brush up his jumping, but if he does put in a clear round, I think he can go very close.

    If Im honest I would have preferred him in the Grand Annual as I think a fast run 2m would be ideal but he isn't entered so this looks the race for him and the longer trip might help his jumping a bit.
    He's an interesting horse. Danger of over thinking the plot angle?

    If you look for it, last time he raced over 2m4f as a chaser he was running in Grade 1's (albeit thrashed in both at Cheltenham and Aintree)...

    One to look for the weight of for sure.... 146 I'll be interested to have a deeper look!

  5. #15
    5lb Claimer
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    87
    I really like Bouvrieul for this. C&D form. Rejuvenated under Haslam. JP McManus. Haslam has said this is his target.

    SkyBet have priced him all wrong at 33s, albeit they did limit the stake.

  6. #16
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by TCH29 View Post
    I really like Bouvrieul for this. C&D form. Rejuvenated under Haslam. JP McManus. Haslam has said this is his target.

    SkyBet have priced him all wrong at 33s, albeit they did limit the stake.
    Yeah me too.

    Someone definitely mentioned him somewhere else on the forum not that long ago, so you're not alone.

    Not sure where, I'll try and find it.

  7. #17
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    262
    Liked the look of garde fort for this, digging into his form I couldn’t ignore tommy silver. Both travelling well last time until they came to grief

  8. #18
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,326
    Grech & Parkin
    @GrechParkin
    River Wylde will be aimed for the Brown Advisory & Merribelle Stable Plate at the Cheltenham Festival after working well this morning at @kemptonparkrace. He is currently 25/1 (best price) with @bet365

  9. #19
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by boopa View Post
    Grech & Parkin
    @GrechParkin
    River Wylde will be aimed for the Brown Advisory & Merribelle Stable Plate at the Cheltenham Festival after working well this morning at @kemptonparkrace. He is currently 25/1 (best price) with @bet365
    Nice one boopa. Have added him... been something of an unlucky horse but he's definitely got a big one in him!

  10. #20
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    294
    .....given Pipe’s record in the race;

    http://cheltenham.attheraces.com/rac...10/stats-guide

    ...I’ve had a stab at Eamon an Cnoic for this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •